Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Shopping » Does shopping with others slow you down or perk you up? Do you d best on your own because you control your time or do you like company? Why?

Does shopping with others slow you down or perk you up? Do you d best on your own because you control your time or do you like company? Why?

Posted - March 18, 2017

Responses

• I prefer going alone because, if I'm going to the store, I already know exactly what I want. Others just want to window shop and that drives me nuts.
      March 18, 2017 10:52 AM MDT

• We could never go shopping together. :)
      March 18, 2017 10:55 AM MDT

• LOL, by your answer, we would probably kill each other rather quickly.
      March 18, 2017 10:57 AM MDT

• Probably. :) I like to look around and find things that 'speak' to me. I never really know what I'm shopping for when I go. Even if I have a particular item that I need, I still look around at what else is there. I cannot go into a store, get the one item I need and leave. Nope, never gonna happen. I especially LOVE junk shops.....I'm drooling just thinking about them. They are full if hidden treasures. I'll take at least an hour or two in one. 
      March 18, 2017 11:01 AM MDT

Me too Corey. I do best alone on my own. Especially when shopping with other females and they are going clothes shopping! AARRGGHH! Not my cuppa tea! Thank you for your reply CTG and Happy Sunday to thee! :)
      March 19, 2017 4:01 AM MDT

• I prefer going by myself. I like to take my time, browse and look at everything. 
      March 18, 2017 10:54 AM MDT

I do best on my own too Karen. Used to drive me nuts going shopping with other women. Especially clothes shopping. YAWN!  AARRGGHH! ACK! Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday m'dear! :)
      March 19, 2017 4:03 AM MDT

I hate when I shop with my wife. She doesn't know how and the few times a year she does she fills the cart up with crap we don't need. I shop alone. I get what we need and will browse for mark downs if we need it.
      March 18, 2017 11:24 AM MDT

I'm so lucky Ele. Of course when Jim does guy-stuff shopping he goes alone. Like to Lowe's or Home Deport or Harbor Freight. I'm of no use to him because he knows what he wants and I don't have a clue and I get really bored. But he ALWAYS goes food shopping with me! I love to be able to find him (usually reading a magazine on one of the aisles that are closed) so I ask his opinion on purchases or get his feedback on the spot. He NEVER tries to rush me. He NEVER asks "are you almost done"? He is very good-natured and just occupies his time with looking around or reading and when I'm ready I meet up with him in a checkout aisle and home we go! I have NEVER had that experience with any other guy in my whole entire life! He is a real pleasure to shop with because he never bugs me about anything! Thank you for your reply m'dear. Otherwise I do best on my own shopping alone. It's faster, more efficient and calmer!  :)
      March 19, 2017 4:08 AM MDT

• Oh when I shop I try to go with my neighbor Lauraine...I get all dreamy, contemplative, reading labels to infinity...takes all day...Lauraine is efficient and so not to be rude with her time, makes me move it along a bit...

I think next I will try shopping with Corey Goofyhawk; helpful to me, if he can stand it!
      March 18, 2017 12:32 PM MDT

Except for food shopping with Jim I always prefer to go shopping alone on my own. I like to go at my own pace and linger where things interest me and speed up when they don't. When you shop with others you're obligated to share the time doing what THEY want to do. Thank you for your reply Virginia and Happy Sunday! :)
      March 19, 2017 4:10 AM MDT

id rather go on my own but my friend keeps pushing me to go with her a lot
      March 18, 2017 5:41 PM MDT

Thank you for your answer pearl. I do best on my own except when I go food shopping with Jim. It's nice having him available to get feedback if I can't decide on something. Happy Sunday! :)
      March 19, 2017 4:11 AM MDT

I *hate* shopping and malls in general, it doesn't really matter if I was by myself or with someone else, it's just boring and stupid to me. Unless it's shopping for very specific items like video games, books, stationary or office supplies, then I am supremely not interested. 
      March 19, 2017 12:44 AM MDT

So whether you're alone or have company when you are out and about matters not. It's all the same to you. That was my question. Thank you for your reply nl and Happy Sunday! :)
      March 19, 2017 4:00 AM MDT

haha, sure, yeah I seem to have digressed a bit, but that's the gist of it. Happy Sunday, to you too, Rosie :)
      March 19, 2017 6:38 PM MDT

Thank you! No worries m'dear! Thank you for your followup reply nl and Happy Monday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at March 21, 2017 6:20 AM MDT
      March 20, 2017 5:08 AM MDT