Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » There will probably never be a friendly Palestine/Israel. Ever. But could it ever be possible that North and South Korea might unite? How?

There will probably never be a friendly Palestine/Israel. Ever. But could it ever be possible that North and South Korea might unite? How?

Posted - March 18, 2017

Responses

I would think that eliminating N. Korean leadership would help dramatically.  Guys who wear military uniforms and are called 'Great Leader' don't seem to promote much freedom. Freedom is ultimately what the people want for a good life. 
      March 18, 2017 11:18 AM MDT

Plus which isn't the guy mentally unstable bh? Thank you for your reply m'dear! :) This post was edited by RosieG at March 20, 2017 4:47 AM MDT
      March 19, 2017 6:13 AM MDT

He has been conditioned and brainwashed to be 'THE MAN'. So was his father and grandfather. 
      March 21, 2017 12:58 PM MDT

• Not in this lifetime. The current generations of N Koreans are so indoctrinated to hate the outside world, their ingrained xenophobia will not allow for anything but their own ideology. South Koreans, having known modern society will not buy it. 
      March 18, 2017 12:54 PM MDT

What IF the current North Korean "leader" were out of the picture? Would that facilitate the possibility? Thank you for your reply Z and Happy Sunday to thee! :)
      March 19, 2017 6:14 AM MDT

• Think of what a vacuum that would create. So much power in the hands of one man was suddenly up for grabs. Anarchy? This was traditionally a problem in other nations during feudal periods, sons and brothers and uncles would all assert some claim to power. Kim has killed all such prospective relatives off, does he have any sons? The North Korean people are so screwed. Not that I would be upset if this became reality, 
      March 19, 2017 6:54 AM MDT

He killed or had killed  his stepbrother or half brother recently didn't he? I suppose it would be a  bloodbath and would not be achieved peacefully or without devastating consequences. How serious a threat do you think he is Z? For years North Korea has done a lot of chain rattling. I'm pretty sure they've moved beyond that. Thank you for your reply! :)
      March 19, 2017 7:03 AM MDT

• IMO, Fatboy Kim is sabre-rattling because it serves his purpose of appearing to be a big player in world affairs. He wants his minions to see him flex. 
    Can't be sure how far he might go with his megalomania, but since we in the US are a primary target of his vitriol, we would be well served to keep watch, stand hard with our allies and have a contingency for immediate, crushing response should he unwisely do the unthinkable. 
    Should Kim go bye-bye otherwise ---say a coup, or he dies--- I would be interested to see how China reacts to the inevitable turmoil next door. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 20, 2017 4:47 AM MDT
      March 19, 2017 8:20 AM MDT

I'm gonna ask you a quite possibly ridiculous question Z. What are the odds that any war we engage in will be with North Korea? Do you see a bigger, more immediate threat than that? Thank you for your thoughtful and helpful analysis. I appreciate it. Living in California I worry about when/if  they will make a nuclear device that can reach us. Of course Hawaii is much closer and my son lives there.  SIGH. Happy Monday to thee! :)
      March 20, 2017 4:52 AM MDT

• My reply is simply that the odds are not zero. We can't know Kim's endgame, but I will bet he understands a direct attack on the US would be disastrous for him. I have heard that he may intend to unify Korea, but that would be a hard sell in S Korea, he would need to launch an attack.
    Here's the thing: Kims million man army is trapped behind the worlds largest minefield and between two shores they don't control. They have no air power to speak of. Their mindset is to repel invasion, but there is no lure for anyone to invade. No oil, no resources, no nothing. Only tens of millions of poor starving, mostly illiterate people bred to hate the west. They are ill-positioned to win a modern war, or survive the aftermath. 
    But we can't say Kim wont do it, regardless. 
      March 20, 2017 2:59 PM MDT

If the country is that barren of anything that would appeal to others and there is nothing there anyone wants, why would he think anyone would attack him and why would he be so "out there" vis a vis getting nuclear weapons to use as  a deterrent? Because he's nuts? I don't get it. Thank you for your further comments. T'is a puzzlement then. Maybe he wants to be important enough to be attacked.
      March 21, 2017 6:26 AM MDT

If North Korea attacks and successfully invades South Korea then maybe.   Otherwise not a chance.   Their udeals are far too different.      
      March 18, 2017 3:20 PM MDT

What if the North Korean leadership changed? I guess South Korea would never attack the North. Thank you for your reply auxarcs and Happy Sunday!  :)
      March 19, 2017 6:15 AM MDT

In the face of eternity, never is a small word.   It is such a pity that we are ignorant to the fact that this could be a memory if everyone elected to forget and forgive and move on.

That would be all it would take.  To forgive and surrender to the fact that they have as much against the enemy as the enemy has against them and unite and learn compromise and compassion.
      March 18, 2017 3:23 PM MDT

March 18, 2017 3:25 PM MDT

If the current North Korean leader were removed somehow and someone less militant replaced him perhaps it could work then. Thank you for your reply and the video Sharonna and Happy Sunday. This post was edited by RosieG at March 19, 2017 6:17 AM MDT
      March 19, 2017 6:16 AM MDT

anything is possible, not sure how
      March 18, 2017 5:34 PM MDT

• Not so long as fat boy is in charge.  Take him out of the picture and I believe it is possible.
      March 18, 2017 11:00 PM MDT

Do you think a coup is possible Yogafan? Someone less militant could replace him? Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday! :)
      March 19, 2017 6:18 AM MDT

• I do believe it is possible and at some point I keep thinking all those poor North Koreans who are reduced to eating tree bark while he gets even fatter will rebel.  I really think all those generals who clap so enthusiastically do so because they've seen what happens if one of them even dares to wear the wrong expression.  
      March 19, 2017 2:11 PM MDT

I don't know if you are Twilight Zone fan but there was an episode that still haunts me. About a boy who could read minds and if anyone didn't think "good thoughts" the boy willed them to a never-seen cornfield from which no one ever returned. Of course they were all terrified of him and tried very hard not to attract his notice. Could fatboy be that nuts and dangerous? Thank you for your reply Yogafan and Happy Monday.
      March 20, 2017 4:55 AM MDT

• I have seen that episode and I think fatboy could fit into that category.  He rules by fear and if he were removed I could see an uprising by the millions of people who have lived under his dictatorship, starving and seeing their relatives tortured and killed in a manner that is imaginable to most of us.  I believe he's very, very dangerous.
      March 21, 2017 2:48 PM MDT

According to bible prophecy soon the world will believe conditions are such that they will declare peace and security. (1 Thessalonians 5:3) :D  hugs rosie!!
      March 19, 2017 11:44 PM MDT

Really Autumn? Whoa. How soon is "soon"? Any idea? Wow. Okay then. Will it be true or just another lie? Thank you for your reply my friend! :) I don't know whether to say AARRGGHH or YIPPEE! :)
      March 20, 2017 4:57 AM MDT