Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Finance » Is there any product or service in which the price can't or shouldn't be negotiated?

Is there any product or service in which the price can't or shouldn't be negotiated?

Besides free stuff, you sneaky person, you...

Posted - March 18, 2017

Responses

• For shoppers in the US, most all retail products and general services.  To test this next time you're in a retailer, grocer or restaurant tell the cashier you want to pay $7.00 for an item tagged at $10.00.
      March 18, 2017 1:13 PM MDT

I think negotiating with a leading plastic surgeon over a face lift immediately prior to surgery isn't in anyone's best interest.

March 18, 2017 1:15 PM MDT

• You got that right, Harry. :)
      March 18, 2017 2:54 PM MDT

• Well...

A young man was unhappy about the price quoted by his dental surgeon for major work. With some bad grace the dentist sent him to a cheaper competitor.

Uncertain about the ability of his new dentist, was referred to a guy who had had similar work done by him.

He went to see the man, who said, "I live near the ocean and every morning I run the length of the beach, then strip off my shorts and swim naked for a while.

This morning, as I came from the water a young lady walked toward me. I could see she wouldn't be embarrassed for she was as naked as I. She walked up to me, wrapped her arms around my neck, pressed her body to mine, and kissed me."

Then he looked the young man in the eye and said, "Son, that's the first time in three months I've stopped thinking about these bloody teeth."

March 18, 2017 2:49 PM MDT

not that i know of but i know a lot about free stuff since i get free magazine subscriptions thru mercury mags and value mags
      March 18, 2017 4:51 PM MDT

• A  Reese's Cup at the store in not negotiable.
      March 18, 2017 6:19 PM MDT

• Gasoline at the pump. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 19, 2017 6:24 AM MDT
      March 18, 2017 6:57 PM MDT