Active Now

Stu Spelling Bee
Discussion » Questions » Music » Do you have a favorite Chuck Berry song?

Do you have a favorite Chuck Berry song?

Sadly, Chuck Berry died today.  There are many favorite songs of his that come to mind but I will post the one that I remember hearing first.  What's your favorite Berry song?

Posted - March 18, 2017

Responses

• Crossed my mind but was not sure of the spelling, and then add Memphis.
      March 18, 2017 6:30 PM MDT

Memphis - another great song!

Adding another one. Not a favorite but I always thought it was a fun song - C'est La Vie

March 18, 2017 6:43 PM MDT

• Well I love Brown Eyed Handsome Man, and there is also something about this one...really like it too...I read he is listed as one of the ten greatest electric guitar players ever.
    Glad you posted this Harry, I listened to every song and just so glad to remember him, a great artist and from my own time too!

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 19, 2017 6:37 AM MDT
      March 18, 2017 9:37 PM MDT

Another two great song picks.  Thank you Virginia.  As Swoop mentioned earlier, Berry was an innovator.  He was an amazing guitarist, brought rock & roll to the forefront of the music scene in this country and, he was also a pioneer in mixing performance art with modern music into his shows.  
      March 19, 2017 5:56 AM MDT

• Harry, it was such a sweet time looking online about Chuck Berry, which I did after learning from you of his death...
    John Lennon said something like, Another name for Rock 'n Roll could have been "Chuck Berry."
      March 19, 2017 10:25 AM MDT

I don't know how I missed this.  Okay, yes I do.  There are just so many songs, it's easy for a few to slip by.  Another favorite of mine:

March 19, 2017 7:26 AM MDT

• That one, I did not even realize was sung by him...just so ubiquitous.
      March 19, 2017 10:26 AM MDT

• A great entertainer and a lot of great songs. I agree with your choice .... "Johnny B. Goode"
      April 3, 2017 10:59 PM MDT