Active Now

Thebigd
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Outside the Mug, Question 3:

Outside the Mug, Question 3:

In Australia "mug" is a slang term for a mark or a sucker. It is popularly held that "you can't educate a mug".

Now we all know that inside the mug there's a low-grade brain. What might be outside the mug? Describe his environment as well as the people trying to exploit him.

Posted - March 18, 2017

Responses

• Uh huh :) probably my mosterest favourite person taught me slang for "mug" he was talking about "steal" I was thinking about cup of coffee .... some how we turned it into roll a mug elvis sunnies In Vegas . Which means .... Lift some boggy shades in  veg -E . I hatemyself a little know this ;p 
      March 18, 2017 9:42 PM MDT

• I'm speechless. :)
      March 18, 2017 10:08 PM MDT

• lol :) I'm obstinate mood .. yes! :)
      March 18, 2017 10:10 PM MDT

• Well from some personal experience here, I would visualize your 'mug' as rolling along in a bubble of sweetness and light, utter trust...angels hovering over...
    Whilst all the hip intelligent people trying to scam him/her end up tripping over their own shoelaces.
      March 18, 2017 10:05 PM MDT

• That is perhaps the kindest description of a mug I've ever heard. And it's not at all inaccurate.
      March 18, 2017 10:09 PM MDT

Not sure if this will "translate".

In a British sitcom a few years ago, one of the "wide boy" characters described himself as a "crockery transporter". When asked to elaborate, he said "I take mugs for a ride."
      March 19, 2017 4:13 AM MDT

• Ya gotta love the subtlety of British humour. 
    It translates just fine.
    :D
      March 19, 2017 11:53 AM MDT