Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Pets/ Domesticated) » How did you come about having a pet?

How did you come about having a pet?

Theres an old man who walks up and down the highway with a dog.
He is not very well kept, nor is his dog. It is a big dog that goes up to his waist!
He doesn't keep him on a leash either.  
The old man and the dog walk on the side of the highway at least three times a week. There is no shoulder on the side of the road, and the speed limit is 65 miles per hour. 
I don't know where he's going or if he's coming from somewhere.  

The thing is that every time I see him, I wonder about the same thing, how did he get that big dog?

In my case, I was just at the right place for the dogs, at the wrong time for me. So feeling sorry got the best of me.

How bout you?

Posted - March 19, 2017

Responses

• I asked Mrs Didge what she wanted for her 60th birthday and she asked for a dog. Her name is Zoe. The dog, that is. Mrs Didge's name is Mrs Didge. Here's a picture. Zoe is the one not wearing a jacket. 

March 19, 2017 12:27 PM MDT

• You mean the one not wearing the hat?  ;)
      March 19, 2017 12:41 PM MDT

• No. she's the one not wearing a scarf around her head.
      March 19, 2017 12:56 PM MDT

she showed up at my back door one day
    and just decided she wanted to live here.

March 19, 2017 12:38 PM MDT

• That's good. Hehe
    I suppose we are talking cat here right?
      March 19, 2017 12:42 PM MDT

MEOW haha
      March 19, 2017 12:47 PM MDT

• I didn't figure a horse would be waiting by your door one day..)
    I think that's pretty alright you took care of it. Good for you.
    Thanks Baba.
      March 19, 2017 12:59 PM MDT

http://wonderopolis.org/wonder/why-do-people-keep-pets
      March 19, 2017 1:32 PM MDT

I have always said that if an animal came to me, I'd keep it. I have rarely gone out to get a pet, they just appeared one day and the rest is history. 
    After many years of having a full house, we are down to one cat now. 
      March 19, 2017 1:48 PM MDT

i dont have a pet but ive thought of getting one
      March 19, 2017 2:55 PM MDT

In second grade dad got our first family cat and i grew up with cats from then on.   In fourth grade we got our first dog.    When i left home for uni and indep i got a pet gerbil i named Rat because because i wanted a pet and couldnt afford a dog.    Then came a pet rat i named Poe.     I bought my first dog when i got my first job out of uni and had my own place.  I got a cat shortly there after as well.    
      March 19, 2017 5:24 PM MDT

• I have a large German Shepherd that I named Sabre. I adopted him last year after he was found abandoned on a road by the vets office and they got him healthy again. The vet my family and I took our first German Shepherd, who died of old age, was a friend of mine and he asked if I wanted to take him home. I said HECK YES pretty much just like that :P I love this dog!
      March 19, 2017 7:03 PM MDT

One cat we rescued from an abusive home (17 years ago, and she was an adult then), one was my daughter's and she needed someone to care for it (15 years ago), and the dog was delivered to me by his rescuer...all the way from Kentucky.
      March 19, 2017 8:34 PM MDT