Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Family » Dads are getting more involved in chidcare these days. I think it's a good thing :) Do you?

Dads are getting more involved in chidcare these days. I think it's a good thing :) Do you?

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/1-in-7-fathers-take-childcare-lead-xln3b20np?shareToken=14eda1d52b2be3f57b6f5e28a00d2eb8

Posted - March 19, 2017

Responses

i think its a good thing too
      March 19, 2017 2:37 PM MDT

I have mixed feelings. I shared all aspects of my children's upbringing the ten years I was home while in the Navy. My son, however, has chosen to be a stay at home dad, while his wife supports them. He has four college degrees, including a Master's in biochemistry, but has no ambition. I fear for his marriage...his in-laws thinks he is a deadbeat and wants their daughter to dump him. The children always comes first but his wife WORKS AT HOME. He has taken it too far.
      March 19, 2017 3:14 PM MDT

• Four college degrees and one a Masters?  This speaks of a lot of ambition. Perhaps the financial and child care arrangement are agreeable and suitable to the family.
      March 19, 2017 4:26 PM MDT

• My father was very involved in child care.  Every evening at the supper table he'd BASH! the table an anger. He'd cock his fist and grab his steak knife in a threatening gesture.  No fault or mistake was let pass.  No opportunity to criticize missed.  Any chance to needle a child was taken.  Oh and how the house could ring with his bellowing! An involved dad.
      March 19, 2017 4:24 PM MDT

I think it's a great idea, for many reasons. Fortunately for me my hubby has been involved in caring for our children as much as I have been.  From changing diapers to getting involved in their schools to helping them out when they became older. Whenever I was sick I didn't need to worry about childcare. My children's dad cared for them. When my children were young they never had anybody watch and care for them except by family. 
      March 19, 2017 4:58 PM MDT

Absolutely.    Just this morning as i sat in a clinic waiting to be diagnosed with strep throat a young family came in mom n dad both bringing little one to see the doc.   Which isnt to say men of yester year werent unvolved.  Growing up my mom worked odd hours and i remember dad being around a lot more often than mom. 
      March 19, 2017 5:17 PM MDT

I think it great men are so much more involved with the upbringing of their children. It isn't just providing materially, so much more is involved! (Ephesians 6:4)
      March 26, 2017 9:42 PM MDT

I think it great men are so much more involved with the upbringing of their children. It isn't just providing materially, so much more is involved! (Ephesians 6:4)
      March 27, 2017 4:45 PM MDT