Active Now

Thebigd
ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » Would it be possible for a barrage of nuclear missiles/devices/weapons to blow up an entire island like, say, Maui or the Big Island?

Would it be possible for a barrage of nuclear missiles/devices/weapons to blow up an entire island like, say, Maui or the Big Island?

How much damage/death can one of them do if it is the strongest available kind? I suppose if you're blown up you die instantly and don't linger/suffer. Surviving and slowly dying of radiation poisoning probably is not fun. Oh dear. Is nuclear war getting ever nearer? What can we do to stop its advance? Any ideas?

Posted - March 20, 2017

Responses

anything is possible
      March 20, 2017 9:46 AM MDT

Only a sick demented mind would think to do such a thing, then i'my reminded of the Bible scripture that ensures the safety of mankind: "a generation is going, and a generation is coming, but the earth remains forever." (Eclesiastes 1:4)
      March 22, 2017 11:08 PM MDT

I think all wars are the product of sick demented minds Autumn. Thank you for your reply.
      March 23, 2017 2:49 AM MDT

It won't destroy the island itself, but it could well wipe out life on it.

As for avoiding nuclear war, we can all only hope it never happens. If anything good came from the only two nuclear weapons so far used in anger, apart from speedily ending the Second World War, it was that we all now know their dreadful power and consequences.
      April 1, 2017 4:15 PM MDT