Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Some folks are so endearing they can get away with saying anything. Examples are Will Rogers/Jimmy Breslin too. Are you?

Some folks are so endearing they can get away with saying anything. Examples are Will Rogers/Jimmy Breslin too. Are you?

Posted - March 20, 2017

Responses

What did Will Rogers ever get away with?
      March 20, 2017 7:52 AM MDT

I assume this is a serious question and you are unfamiliar with Will Rogers. He could tell politicians to go to he** only he did it so humorously and with such love of people that they all took it kindly and laughed . He once said "I never met a man I didn't like". That is a huge statement to make but I believe him. He recognized human frailties and commented on them but he didn't reject the humans who were guilty of them. He said "humans are the only animals who get embarrassed or need to". Now a very vulgar version of him was Don Rickles. He made a living insulting people like Frank Sinatra and not only got away with it but earned big bucks doing it.  His humor was harsh/cutting and I disliked him intensely. Did I answer your question  Randy? Happy Monday. This post was edited by RosieG at March 20, 2017 8:01 AM MDT
      March 20, 2017 7:59 AM MDT

Thank you for the clarification, Rosie.
    :)
      March 20, 2017 10:35 PM MDT

You're quite welcome  Randy. There was a movie starring Will Rogers Jr who was the spitting image of his dad. It was quite good I thought. If you have an opportunity to see it I think you will enjoy it. Happy Tuesday! :)
      March 21, 2017 3:16 AM MDT

i dont think i can get away with saying anything
      March 20, 2017 9:41 AM MDT