Discussion » Questions » Relationships » If you love your S/O read this and be grateful. Imagine being DEATHLY Allergic to him/her?

If you love your S/O read this and be grateful. Imagine being DEATHLY Allergic to him/her?

Johanna and Scott Walker, a Minneapolis couple, cannot be together. She suffers from MAST Cell Disease. Some of the symptoms are rashes, Irritable Bowel Syndrome  and the very dangerous Anaphylaxis! Be grateful you aren't them. You are, aren't you?

Posted - March 20, 2017

Responses

I have an allergy to penicillin. I have, at times, been allergic to a SO. It's not the same thing that this woman and her husband deal with, but I can't have any kind of physical contact with someone on that antibiotic. Basic skin to skin contact isn't so bad, but if I come into contact with any kind of "bodily fluids," I have an all-out allergic reaction. That can be something as simple as sharing a hug with the person if they've been sweating. I even had a boyfriend I'd react to if we slept in the same bed when he was on a course of antibiotics.
      March 20, 2017 10:25 AM MDT

Condolences JA. That must be terrible! My son suffers from Anaphylaxsis  BUT only to foods, not people! Thank you for replying and sharing your experience. Yikes! Happy Monday! :)
      March 20, 2017 10:30 AM MDT