Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Business » Ever have a Classified or Secret or Top Secret or Q clearance? For how long?

Ever have a Classified or Secret or Top Secret or Q clearance? For how long?

Years ago I worked for a company that had government contracts. For a VERY BRIEF period  of a few months I had a TOP SECRET clearance and it made me nervous as he **. I was relieved when that contract was up. My best friend at the time had a very high clearance at JPL in Pasadena. I don't know if it was  Q or whatever the highest one was but all her friends and family were interviewed for months before she received the clearance. They did extensive background checks of everything. After that our conversations NEVER included anything about her work. I was very proud of her but afraid for her too. Of course her clearance could not be discussed. That would make her a target of someone for something nefarious. It changed our friendship. Ever experience anything like that?

Posted - March 20, 2017

Responses

At the time in the Navy I had a secret clearance, but I was not allowed to discuss it with anyone.
      March 20, 2017 12:49 PM MDT

Precisely. It makes you a target. Thank you for your reply Ele and Happy Tuesday! :)
      March 21, 2017 3:12 AM MDT

Oh, geez!  I can just see Rosie looking like 007 in her Astin Martin sports car!  Shooting off rockets at Trump supporters. That ejection seat would be great for eliminating annoying conservatives! Come on, Rosie, I'll drive this time!
      March 20, 2017 12:56 PM MDT

Armed Services and Civil Service personnel are under security laws generally - in the UK the Official Secrets Act exists to protect individual, personal privacy such as in telephone and post communications, as well as State secrets - but I'd have thought anyone with high security clearance would not admit the fact on the Internet, even from behind a nick-name!
      April 12, 2017 4:32 PM MDT