Active Now

Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If you ever had a crack at squaring away the government and bringing it closer to your ideal where would you start and what would you do?

If you ever had a crack at squaring away the government and bringing it closer to your ideal where would you start and what would you do?

Posted - March 20, 2017

Responses

• Hi RosieG, maybe these as starters...however I am not too optimistic right now...

1. Look into Eisenhower's warning of the military-industrial complex, and see what could be done about disentangling ourselves from that all these many decades on.

2. Bring in TrumpianZeitgeist from here on aMug, along with David Stockman, to look into the national debt; as of 2014, up to 106% of GDP...attempt to first forestall a collapse, then develop a more workable approach to spending.

3. Check into the Nordic democracies, that seem to be able to acknowledge the value of the individual, not just the aggressive money-makers, especially since those countries seem to rank high on the happiness poll.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 21, 2017 3:17 AM MDT
      March 20, 2017 3:03 PM MDT

This is a very fine answer Virginia. Maybe one day in the not-too-distant future it will come to pass. Everything starts with a dream/a plan/a goal and it depends on the steps you take toward it and the people involved  whether it has a chance to succeed. I am not familiar with TrumpianZeitgeist but I gather you have a history with him(?) and are confident he is knowledgeable about such things. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday m'dear! :)

This post was edited by RosieG at March 21, 2017 9:32 AM MDT
      March 21, 2017 3:20 AM MDT

I agree with the three things Virginia said so I would start there.

My foreign policy would be if you leave me alone I'll leave you alone but if you attack then I'll fight back.  I would also tell corporations that when they do business in another country they have to follow all of the other country's laws.  There won't be anymore intervention in other countries' affairs for the benefit of corporations.

My domestic policy would be a lot less rules and regulations.  There are too many of them so I would just repeal everything and rewrite the laws myself which would probably take a few hours because I don't type that fast and if someone did something that was illegal but I made it legal I would erase their criminal record and if they're in prison for it I would just kick them out of prison.

I would get rid of things like drug laws.  If someone wants to have a marijuana farm I would let them.  If someone wants cocaine they can go to the drug store and buy some.  My only rules would be that you're selling what you say you're selling and the ingredients have to be on the package and you can't drive while high.

I would also get rid of all of the 21 minimum age laws.  My new rule would be that there can't be a minimum age higher than 18 for anything and I would also get rid of things like prostitution laws and Sunday blue laws and other similar laws.

March 21, 2017 3:42 AM MDT