Active Now

Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Politics » At what point after Trump said "Grab them by the p***y" and he won the election you realized character is not an issue?

At what point after Trump said "Grab them by the p***y" and he won the election you realized character is not an issue?

Was is it soon? Soon after? Not yet?

Posted - March 20, 2017

Responses

That was obvious long beore Trump even ran for president, imho.
      March 20, 2017 12:30 PM MDT

It's just regular guy talk. I've heard a lot worse distasteful jokes from people with a much lesser status/influence than Trump, and they are good guys. And I bet you and everybody else has too. 
      March 20, 2017 12:43 PM MDT

You are right again, Righty.  I have said worse things in my youth. 
      March 20, 2017 12:47 PM MDT

• But you guys are not the President, nobody expects anything from you. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 21, 2017 12:08 AM MDT
      March 20, 2017 12:49 PM MDT

• If a video came out of some teachers saying something like that at a teachers lounge, they would be fired, but its OK for the president?  Give me a brake.
      March 20, 2017 12:52 PM MDT

Disc or drum?

(Sorry...I couldn't resist.  :) )
      March 20, 2017 12:57 PM MDT

• Good one,  )
      March 20, 2017 1:00 PM MDT

The teachers shouldn't be fired either. It's ok for anyone to speak like that. One piece of bullsh*t PC is no excuse for another.

He made a prideful boast. It was just a crude metaphor for being able to score like crazy when you're a celebrity billionaire.

If presidents are held to that standard, the office would only be occupied by weak men with no balls. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at March 20, 2017 4:23 PM MDT
      March 20, 2017 3:04 PM MDT

Yeah, we're not the president. And neither was Trump when he said it. And if he knew he was being recorded he wouldn't have. The biggest issue for me with that thing was the timing of its release. Whoever made that recording was in possession of it for a very long time. Now had it been released at the time he said it, nobody would have cared about it because people would have seen it for what it was; just a normal private conversation between two guys, no harm to anyone else, and it would have been brushed off as nothing. The biggest issue for me, is that it was strategically released just a couple of days before the second debate to deliberately impact the the outcome of the election by the left agenda. But fortunately, it didn't work out for them because there was enough people with enough sense to see it for what it really was; just light-hearted banter between two guys in private. 

March 20, 2017 2:43 PM MDT

• Check this out,
    I agree with you. 110â„…!
    The release of the video was strategically planed. Of course it was. You're right, and at the end it did them worse, because that made this guy look like a normal guy. So I think it backfired. 
    That said, that does not mitigate the actions that led to that release. 
    If you say, "hey man, who gives a trump, he said it, they were just kidding around, all men do it, that has nothing to do with his ability to be president...". I'd accept that. I'd think you're wrong, but I'd accept that. But when you say, " but....but....what about the timing of the release?"
    That sounds weird. No?

March 20, 2017 3:28 PM MDT

"If you say, "hey man, who gives a trump, he said it, they were just kidding around, all men do it, that has nothing to do with his ability to be president...". I'd accept that". - Well that does nail the way I look at it. I bring up the side issue of the timing of its release as the thing that makes me mad about it. That's the negative I see, not his comments. 
      March 20, 2017 5:57 PM MDT

• I got cha,  and like I said, I accept that. I still think it's wrong but I respect its honesty.. . Hey, thanks for indulging my comments..
      March 20, 2017 10:37 PM MDT

• While everyone else was concerned about a conversation that happened in private among men several years before his run, I was more concerned about the character of a woman who was responsible for the deaths of Ambassador Chris Stevens, Information Officer Sean Smith, and CIA operatives Glen Doherty and Tyrone Woods. The same woman who ignored their several hundred requests for extra security, blamed it on a insignificant youtube video, lied about her server on multiple occasions, and then played stupid when asked if she wiped her server clean by saying, "What, like with a rag?" I was also concerned about the character of that same woman who has been accepting millions of dollars from nations that want Americans dead, like Saudi Arabia and who also have the exact opposite values that that woman claims to be the champion for. That's the character I was concerned about.
      March 20, 2017 1:19 PM MDT

• Character? That's your objection? Character? Are you serious?
      March 20, 2017 1:27 PM MDT

• My point is that people were up in arms about what Trump said while completely ignoring the actual crimes that Clinton commited that resulted in the deaths of four American men and then she brushed it off as if those men didn't mean anything.

"OMG Trump said he was going to grab a woman. He's not presidential! He's a horrible person! He's a misogynist!" - Liberals

"Clinton got four men killed, lied about it, then misplaced blame on a YouTube video? She broke the law with an unsecured server, lied about it being secure? Lied about turning over all emails? Lied about turning over all work related emails? Lied about having classified materials in her email? Meh, who cares. First female president!!!! Because feminism!!" - Also Liberals.

Do ya see the hypocrisy in saying Trump isn't presidential but thinking Clinton is? This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 20, 2017 5:18 PM MDT
      March 20, 2017 5:10 PM MDT

But "What difference does it make?"
      March 20, 2017 4:18 PM MDT

• That's the other part that ticks me off. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 20, 2017 6:18 PM MDT
      March 20, 2017 5:01 PM MDT

People can defend his actions all they want.
    But if he had ever tried to grab mine, he would not be president right now, or anything else.
      March 20, 2017 2:07 PM MDT

• That's very funny!
      March 20, 2017 3:38 PM MDT

I don't like what he said. I also don't like what Bill Clinton did and Hillary defended. And the actions of Hillary as Sec of State which was recently...Trump's childish talk was 20+ years ago.

I voted on policy not personality.....I actually do that every election.
      March 20, 2017 4:29 PM MDT

when i decided that even that was better than voting for someone because she was a woman. he said he does that...he also said "they just let them" alot of women will do anything for money, and if they think letting him grope on them will get them paid...some will do it.
    without attacking trump (because that isnt an answer) can anyone tell me why all the hillary supporters thought she would be an awesome president other than her being a woman? This post was edited by maggie at March 20, 2017 6:19 PM MDT
      March 20, 2017 4:58 PM MDT

I realised way before he even won - that such a person of no class, standards etc was even being considered for prez was enough for me to know what needed to be known
      March 20, 2017 5:08 PM MDT

Ah, yes----the minority's choice, the greater of two evils---Donald Trump.

Two major mistakes I have made in my life---thinking Nixon wasn't stupid enough to do "Watergate, and thinking that this country couldn't be stupid enough to elect Trump.

And it's turning out that the second isn't just my problem---it's apparently becoming everybody's.  
      March 20, 2017 6:25 PM MDT

i think character is an issue
      March 21, 2017 5:57 PM MDT