Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Sept. 23rd, 2017 will be a conjunction of stars that has not happened since the birth of Christ. Many believe something dire

Sept. 23rd, 2017 will be a conjunction of stars that has not happened since the birth of Christ. Many believe something dire

will occur. Do you think it not much to worry about up to and including the birth of the anti-christ?

Posted - March 20, 2017

Responses

• I doubt if the mainstream churches put much faith in astrology even though the three wise men were almost certainly of that persuasion. And that's not an attempt to belittle them: astrology led to astronomy as surely as alchemy eventually fed into modern pharmacy.

Because of the nature of the Universe patterns necessarily repeat. This one, if it really does occur as suggested, will cause much speculation among believers.
      March 20, 2017 4:19 PM MDT

• I am convinced beyond any doubt that the universe has no concern whatsoever for the doings of man, nor any other primate; and that future events in human society are in no way determined by random alignments of the distant cosmos. 

Superstitions are for those uninterested in reality. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 24, 2017 12:49 AM MDT
      March 20, 2017 4:42 PM MDT

I am glad you only went down to the primates.

I like to think the universe may occasionally like to sit on the bank and fish and relax.  lol
      March 22, 2017 2:12 PM MDT

• I know I do. Catching fish is really beside the point. 
      March 22, 2017 3:37 PM MDT

Absolutely!
      March 23, 2017 10:19 AM MDT

Doesn't trouble me in the least
      March 20, 2017 4:54 PM MDT

I dunno. What exactly are you talking about and why should I care?

Genesis 1:

14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

Your average pseudo-religious person is totally unaware that God made lights specifically for signs, so he either rejects or accepts whatever is suggested with no thought at all. For example, it says two lights. We have one. Where did the second one go? Please don't tell me it's the moon, because the moon is not a light and doesn't rule anything. Half the time it doesn't even show up. The ancient Egyptians recorded two suns before the one we have now, and one of them was green. Modern students have no clue about any of this. And you want a coherent opinion about something that you don't even describe? Not likely.

March 20, 2017 5:25 PM MDT

The Birth of Christ was such a fantastic occurrence
    How can people see Dire in a similar star map?
    Maybe something great...can't wait haha
    and the anti Christ is alive and well in the Papacy.
      March 20, 2017 5:29 PM MDT

• If you believe a couple of our Muggers, he's in the White House.
      March 20, 2017 5:50 PM MDT

• But why think the star map was affected by the birth of Jesus?  There were patterns in the clouds too.   And the question specious. Sept. 23 is not the birth of Jesus which is unknown.  Do we look at star patterns of other significant events, major earthquakes, tsunamis?
      March 22, 2017 5:10 AM MDT

Actually the best guess as to Jesus's birth is Sept 29.
      March 22, 2017 5:25 AM MDT

• What is the evidence for this date? 
      March 22, 2017 5:32 AM MDT

I will try and find a good link for you. 
    But it has to do with the birth of John the Baptist. The Angel visited his father (a priest) to announce to him the pregnancy. The Bible says he was serving in the Temple at the time (I believe for a specific feast) and because of his disbelief was struck mute until John's birth. His father served at a particular time in the year. And we also know that John was 6months older than Jesus. 
    I will look for a good link and post later.
      March 22, 2017 5:47 AM MDT

First, the shepherds were in the fields with their flocks, so it was not December 25th. But Christmas and Michaelmas have always been significant dates in the church. The exact date of Michaelmas has varied, and the calendar has been reworked at least twice, but the date of Michaelmas is close to 270 days after Christmas, exactly the human gestation period. We conclude the Christmas most likely was the date of conception and Michaelmas the date of birth.

This is all guessing, of course. If it were important, the bible would have pegged it more closely. But what the hey, everybody gets born. Pentecost is a more important date. (Pentecost. Not Easter!)
      March 22, 2017 1:02 PM MDT

even if it is a sure sign of something dire happening....why worry about it? not like anything can be done about it....how many times do you remember the end of the world coming in your lifetime? and being scared about it did what? messed up the time you thought you had remaining...until it came and went...then another 20 years or so...bam its the end of the world again. it happens...we either survive...or it really is the end...what can you do to stop it? just try to do right and live right even if there isnt a threat or fear something .
      March 20, 2017 5:46 PM MDT

No worries here.
      March 20, 2017 8:03 PM MDT

March 20, 2017 8:23 PM MDT

• This was a very bad child.
      March 20, 2017 11:27 PM MDT

• Not only is it not much to worry about it is not worth consideration.  So some stars appear align. Astronomically interesting, nothing more.  And the birth of the Antichrist?  Hollywood B movies.
      March 20, 2017 11:30 PM MDT

Somebody will figure a way to make money off it..

"End of the world soon! Sell all your stuff and send me the cash."
      March 21, 2017 7:24 AM MDT

• Many people also believe in reptilian shape-shifters.    >YAWN<
      March 21, 2017 8:26 AM MDT

First of all, thank you for this notice! I will write this down  on my calendar. :D how exciting to witness what the Lord Jesus Christ said would be a sign to announce his kingdom coming to earth and thus ending all the current human misery. (Luke 21:25) as far as the anti Christ, it's been around for centuries and thriving as we speak. This sign in the heavens is also a warning of its destruction very soon. This post was edited by Autumnleaves at March 22, 2017 12:23 AM MDT
      March 22, 2017 12:19 AM MDT

True any who oppose Christ are in fact an antichrist and there are many.
    But when most speak of the antichrist, they are actually talking about the beast of the end times who will partner with the false prophet and gain power over another beast of the end time the one world government. We must be ready to stand against him and never take the mark of the beast. 
      March 22, 2017 5:31 AM MDT

Interesting I had not heard that. 
    Don't know if it will mean anything or not. 
      March 22, 2017 5:34 AM MDT