Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » Do you have an unpopular opinion to share?

Do you have an unpopular opinion to share?

Posted - March 20, 2017

Responses

:)
      March 20, 2017 11:30 PM MDT

Irrigating---interesting image.

Anecdote:  Years ago, I was listening to a radio station in the Dallas-Fort Worth area.  I was in the car long enough to hear the radio announcer give the call sign and the location about 3 times.

I could swear he was saying Dallas-Fort Lurch instead of Dallas-Fort Worth

I called the announcer and asked him.  He said, "Yes, I was saying Fort Lurch."
      March 21, 2017 9:56 AM MDT

• Are you joining Randy in his pedantic needling?  Few recipients appreciate your unsolicited corrections.
      March 21, 2017 10:04 AM MDT

Not at all.

A creative and intelligent person will occasionally intentionally slip in a word that doesn't fit as an inside joke---much like the radio announcer in my anecdote.

And I don't know why anyone would think that the difference between irrigation and irritation is the type of "minor" detail that a pedant would typically respond to.

I read answers and comments for concepts, not for spelling.

I assume people say what they mean; and if I do not understand the reference, I may be the one at fault.

I though it possible I was missing something.

For example---this morning, my wife came out of the bathroom right after taking a shower and said "you will have to plug in the water."

I though about that for about 5 seconds and I said "I have no idea what you are talking about."

She said she was talking about the electric coffee pot.  She had to unplug it to plug in the crock pot.

Moral---she knew what she was talking about---I didn't.  

So I found out.

(And I've always thought of Randy D as providing some enjoyable spice to this site.) This post was edited by tom jackson at March 21, 2017 11:38 AM MDT
      March 21, 2017 10:46 AM MDT

Cupcakes are revolting and bananas are nasty.
      March 21, 2017 5:47 AM MDT

I hate cheese nips, goldfish, and cheetos snack foods. Most things with imitation cheese flavoring.  Bleah. Disgusting.
      March 21, 2017 6:25 AM MDT

Is liking Trump popular or not?? 
      March 21, 2017 6:44 AM MDT

John 11:35 Jesus wept.

Anything from the bible is downright offensive. It separates believers from unbelievers. I guess they don't like to be separated. Or something like that.
      March 21, 2017 1:36 PM MDT