Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Communication » Do you TRY to tell people what you think/mean or do you realize they will think whatever they wish to think about so you let them? Why?

Do you TRY to tell people what you think/mean or do you realize they will think whatever they wish to think about so you let them? Why?

Posted - March 21, 2017

Responses

I have to keep going back to my sisters, with whom I communicate often. They are both very opinionated and at times no matter what I have to say they will disagree with me. I just smile and let them go on with their misconceptions.
      March 21, 2017 7:21 AM MDT

I am now doing that. I'm tired of  wasting my breath. I refuse to do it anymore. Conversation is not possible with people who do not listen to you and tell you what you are thinking and what you mean. Seriously Ele. I mean c'mon! Thank you for your reply! :)
      March 21, 2017 12:58 PM MDT

i dont say anything cause i know theyre going to think whatever they want anyways
      March 21, 2017 1:55 PM MDT

• I try to make myself understood. If someone doesn't understand something I say, I try to make it clearer for them. If after explaining it a few times and they still don't get it, I stop and let them think whatever they want. 
      March 23, 2017 2:57 AM MDT

Me too. Thank you for your thoughtful reply Karen! :)
      March 23, 2017 3:23 AM MDT