Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Communication » Esperanto was a language created to facilitate communication among the people of the world. It never caught on. Has Gibberish replaced it?

Esperanto was a language created to facilitate communication among the people of the world. It never caught on. Has Gibberish replaced it?

Posted - March 21, 2017

Responses

• People don't want their culture removed and the other problem is there are too many competing universal languages competing. Even the promoters of Esperanto couldn't come to consensus so created Esperanto derivatives like Ido.  Then there is more concise ones like Interlingua  that better suites scientific exchange.
      March 21, 2017 7:58 AM MDT

Interlingua? I have not heard of that Glis. Thanks for the info. I'll Google it! :) That would make it possible for quantum physicists worldwide to communicate with one another, right?
      March 23, 2017 7:02 AM MDT

• It's a universal language based primarily on the romance languages. 
      March 23, 2017 8:40 AM MDT

Like French and Spanish and Italian? Betcha it's mighty purty to hear. Thank you for the info Glis! :)
      March 25, 2017 6:06 AM MDT

never heard of that language, the only ones i know are spanish and english
      March 21, 2017 1:54 PM MDT

• Five crows stole a pizza slice from a cat.
      March 21, 2017 2:53 PM MDT

Trouble! One lousy piece of pizza divided by 5 crows? Not gonna work out for anyone. Besides the cat pounced on all five crows and ate them on the spot and saved the pizza for later! Bye Bye blackbirds! Thank you for your reply whistle! :)
      March 23, 2017 7:01 AM MDT

I think Gibberish has, Rosie, I think it has.... :-(

That and laziness and lack of pride in one's own language.

April 12, 2017 6:13 PM MDT