Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Are you really specific on the kind of man/woman you want to have a relationship with?

Are you really specific on the kind of man/woman you want to have a relationship with?

What are those specific traits that you have a liking for?

Posted - March 21, 2017

Responses

Yes.

Chemistry, mutual respect, great sense of humor, enjoys practical jokes & stupid word play, rational & logical thinking (will walk away when angry & wait to calm down before hashing things out - no yelling), comfortable with silences, like-minded goals and interests, interesting conversations, someone who I can learn from & who enjoys learning from me.  I'm sure there is more but that's all I can think of at the moment. 
      March 21, 2017 11:19 AM MDT

So you're all about anything that's not physical in nature?
      March 21, 2017 11:24 AM MDT

Mostly.  I did list chemistry as the first trait.  Which means there has to be a mutual physical attraction.  What I find attractive, someone else may not.  And vice versa. 
      March 21, 2017 11:42 AM MDT

• I'm not allowed out to play but in the Scottish TV show Rebus, DI Rebus -- overweight and overage -- was hitting on his young, attractive detective sergeant. She rebuffed him with, "I prefer to go out with men whose breasts are smaller than mine."

Seems she wasn't terribly discriminating but there was that one criterion that had to be met. :)
      March 21, 2017 12:24 PM MDT

no, cause i dont want to have a relationship with anyone
      March 21, 2017 12:39 PM MDT

Thank you pearl.
      March 21, 2017 2:17 PM MDT

• I'm kinda picky in reality but what draws me to a person  isn't easily described.   Something I detest in one person can be a huge draw to another.
    Clingyness, jealousy, and nagging are definite turn-offs that cannot be abided by though.   For better or worse being joined at the hip and always together does not interest me in the least.  Much of the time I don't even care to share a bed while we sleep.

Have some fun, talk a bunch,  get kinky, eat some food and go to our own beds works for me.  Coming back to each other is more solid than always being together in my little world.
      March 21, 2017 12:48 PM MDT

• The ridiculous and absurd is a fun mud-pit to wallow in.   Sometimes baffled how people aren't drawn into it.
      March 21, 2017 1:37 PM MDT

Let me tell you something WW. You've found your guy, but now that guy needs back up everything he has ever said to you. When he finally gets you, he'll have to show that he can maintain what he did to get you in the first place. The hunt is always on for someone like you. Everything shall come as second nature as far as making sure that the ridiculous remains a top priority.
      March 21, 2017 2:24 PM MDT

So---Not just anybody, huh?
      March 21, 2017 3:03 PM MDT

I don't know that I could ever be with someone again.  Perhaps I've lived too much, too shortly.

I have little patience for those who base things upon stereotypes.  Few are willing, or even capable of entering into relationships without relying upon them.  I doubt there are even a few.
      March 21, 2017 1:47 PM MDT

I understand EXACTLY what you are saying. 
      March 21, 2017 1:56 PM MDT

My deepest sympathy...
      March 21, 2017 2:01 PM MDT

Thank you Bo.  My deepest to you too.  

March 21, 2017 2:15 PM MDT

Thank you.
      March 21, 2017 2:17 PM MDT

• . . .too much, too shortly...
    That's clever.
      March 21, 2017 3:56 PM MDT

No, I do not. I read somewhere once, and I really believe it, that what you attract is what you are. So, I just spend time working on me, or focusing on my likes and wants, and kept an open heart and mind. Eventually the right person, at the right time, always came my way. 
    In general, I have never required exact specifics, in order to have a relationship or friendship with someone. People always have surprised me. I never know what I could learn or experience from others. By limiting my preferences, I'd be limiting my experiences. 
      March 21, 2017 1:57 PM MDT

• As long as she's funny, kind, and let's me do my thing, . . . that's basically it for me.
      March 21, 2017 2:18 PM MDT

Well, I insist that it must be a female. NO SUBSTITUTES!

Of course it doesn't matter at all because even the females who are warm for my form won't say anything; they wait for me to guess.
      March 21, 2017 2:18 PM MDT

I went with intelligence and communication skills.

My wife also has a gift for psychology as well as a degree in it.

It's turned out quite well for us---35+ years married.. 
      March 21, 2017 3:01 PM MDT

I got what I wanted Zack, tall, fair, handsome, very intelligent, keen sense of humor and very helpful and kind;))
      March 21, 2017 3:58 PM MDT

No.
      March 21, 2017 5:10 PM MDT

I've been married to a man for nearly 30 years that I had been friends with for some 15 years previous.  He'd long since gained my respect for how he conducted himself both professionally and personally.  And...he makes me laugh...every day.  I can count on him, if on no one else.  His kindness towards kids and critters shows how big his heart and how endless his patience.

Good criteria....he's strong enough to be gentle.

March 21, 2017 7:58 PM MDT