Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » What's the difference between trumpaganda and antitrumpaganda?

What's the difference between trumpaganda and antitrumpaganda?

Is it even a word? And if it isn't should it be?

And my apologies to all those Muggers who are sick to death of the Trump/No Trumps questions.

Posted - March 21, 2017

Responses

• I'm fairly new here so I don't understand winning a poll.  How does this happen.
      March 22, 2017 3:00 PM MDT

Is a banter Yogafan. Is all done in a friendly teasing way. Some of us have been creating a poll now and then with a theme and the each giving their best bid for an option. All others are invited to vote for whose side they will be on. Not to be take seriously, enough other stuff here is. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 23, 2017 2:01 AM MDT
      March 22, 2017 3:04 PM MDT

• Dozy, the American point of view...you have no doubt seen this photo...I post it fairly often...I admire Dorothea Lange (who took this photo, called SALUTE OF INNOCENCE), also Ansel Adams and a few others who traveled around in the Great Depression and WWII, taking photos which were often banned at the time. But the photos were brought out again in the 1980's and helped in the decision to officially apologize to Japanese-Americans then.

March 22, 2017 2:58 PM MDT

• It wasn't only America that reacted that way during the war. Britain had a bad record too. I don't know if the same thing happened here but I've never seen any reference to it.

You only have to consider the number of people today who get off on conspiracy theories. Put those same people on a war footing and they become irrational. \

If you drive south from Sydney along the Hume Highway you'll eventually find a submarine sitting beside the road at a town called Holbrook. That submarine is 275 km from the nearest ocean.

Holbrook was originally named Germanton but the residents opted to change the name when WWII broke out with Germany. They named it for Commander Norman Holbrook who had taken his submarine under polar ice in WWI to attack the German fleet.
      March 22, 2017 5:17 PM MDT

• Interesting anecdote, ty!
      March 22, 2017 5:51 PM MDT

Lots
      March 21, 2017 4:42 PM MDT

• Maybe, but as evil as the man is I'm inclined to agree with Virginia (below). For most of us he's only a source of comedy but the poor old Americans are stuck with him for a few years. Unless he does something the GOP can't rationalise away it's difficult to see the Dems getting enough support to have him impeached. These four Trump years may remain a source of wonder to future historians.
      March 22, 2017 1:38 PM MDT

• Hi Dozy,
    I am not seeing any difference between the trumpaganda and the antitrumpaganda.
    I do not listen to either.
    Once I discern that is what I am hearing/reading, I move on. 

What I would appreciate more is perceptive ideas on how to move forward, as we are all in this together.
      March 21, 2017 4:55 PM MDT

Virginia the only way I see all of us moving forward is to gather and protect and wait. If he makes it I do not think he or anyone like him would be ever elected again. As always our country has survived various messes, we will survive this one also. I am a true red, white and blue, no amount of yellow or orange will disillusion me.
      March 21, 2017 5:02 PM MDT

• Your comments are well received and much appreciated, Ancient One.
      March 21, 2017 5:08 PM MDT

• I can agree in essence but am holding back a little on content. The Trump/anti-Trump phenomenon is completely outside my experience. I do know that Trump is treated as a joke outside the US. But then, Hitler was treated as a joke too...
      March 21, 2017 7:58 PM MDT

• I do not think I have ever seen anything like this after an election, Dozy. I hope Ancient One is correct, that the country will survive this mess also, the US government format has indeed proven remarkably resilient. 

And the local Jewish community here in Southwest Washington State is indeed very concerned...one of the newspapers printed their evaluation of the situation. 
      March 21, 2017 9:42 PM MDT

• Wise words!  As a country that's exactly what needs to happen/
      March 21, 2017 10:47 PM MDT

• I used to get trapped quite often by clicking on something showing the site avatar in case it was somebody asking a serious question. Now that user names appear on top of the avatar with questions I rarely see them. I was talking to the Didgerina yesterday and "trumpaganda" cropped up in the conversation -- I dunno if it was her word or mine -- and I thought the word should be introduced to aM. 
      March 22, 2017 1:40 PM MDT

• Creative Down Under...
      March 22, 2017 2:15 PM MDT

Propaganda,trumpaganda, antitrumpaganda
     Answer mug landa amanda memoranda
    Trump questions abunda standa misunderstanda
    trump this trump that trumpaganda
    epic saga torrential antitrumoaganda
    where to flee but to Uganda;))
      March 21, 2017 8:14 PM MDT

• The homeland of Idi Amin. That's actually very apt, Veena. 

And that was a very clever answer. Enjoyed it. 
      March 21, 2017 9:27 PM MDT

Umm thanks Didge;))
      March 21, 2017 10:50 PM MDT

• Very clever, Veena.
    I enjoyed that one.
      March 22, 2017 9:57 AM MDT