Active Now

Shuhak
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Communication » Is there much glamour in your grammar? ~

Is there much glamour in your grammar? ~

Posted - March 21, 2017

Responses

★·.·´¯`·.·â˜…No. Mine could use a bit more glitter.★·.·´¯`·.·â˜…
      March 21, 2017 11:57 PM MDT

Yo, yo, yo, yo, ease UP, homegirl!  Always tryin' ta blind a brutha.

~ This post was edited by Randy D at March 22, 2017 6:19 AM MDT
      March 22, 2017 12:03 AM MDT

• Hi Randy D,
    Yes, when the moment is right...
    I love to wax floral, pursue the perissology a bit...grin sweetly and then absquatulate...cop and blow...

However my rule is like the Cheshire cat (Mad Hatter, WHO??), the words/grammar serve ME, they mean what I want them to mean I do not kowtow to any adverb or semicolon whatsomoreover!
      March 22, 2017 12:22 AM MDT

• Blimey, Ms V. So the answer would be yes, no?

:)
      March 22, 2017 12:24 AM MDT

• Aw, that answer is too straightforward, Dear Lucia...why use one word when ten will do just as well?
      March 22, 2017 12:27 AM MDT

• We are of one on that one. Honestly, you should see me sometimes. 
    Do you like to make up words too? 
      March 22, 2017 12:31 AM MDT

• Lucia, I actually came back to be a little more, well, honest here...because of course it is usually better to communicate with fewer words...but online, with Q/A friends, it is fun to experiment with various forms of expressiveness...

You don't have facial expressions or body language online...so verbal forms are all you have to express humour...Didge and I started with each other back in 2011, I felt very free with him to explore the use of written language to build friendship...

And yes, to answer your Q I love to make up words, or use the wrong word especially if it is a LONG word...occasionally someone misunderstands and gets angry or upset, so I might need to send 'em a wink ;) or something like that...

I sometimes think of the song...
    "It's only words...
    And words are all I have...
    To take your heart away..."
      March 22, 2017 1:08 AM MDT

• what's the song?
    And as of now, Muggers and Muggerettes, I'm going to winking like the clappers. 
    Is there a texty symbol thing for *nervous twitch*

;) ;)
      March 22, 2017 1:50 AM MDT

• Ah Lucia, it's the everlasting Brothers Gibb, the BeeGees...but you have to be OLD, this song first released 1968!

March 22, 2017 2:52 AM MDT

• Haha, I'm only not old by three years. 

Thank you, V! 
      March 22, 2017 3:16 AM MDT

• Lovely, Virginia. Yes, we've had lots of fun hurling strange words at each other over the past six years. In effect we built a word bridge across the Pacific. :) 
      March 22, 2017 1:50 PM MDT

• Didge ... Speaking of word bridges ... I think you and Ginnie will enjoy this... It has your humour stamped all over it :) ... And mine !
      March 22, 2017 2:40 PM MDT

• I thought that was the Red Queen ... ?
      March 22, 2017 12:41 AM MDT

• Oh RED QUEEN my hero...
    Hi Ozgirl!
      March 22, 2017 1:09 AM MDT

• Hey sweetie ... I can be a pedantic @#?*! at times :) This post was edited by my2cents at March 22, 2017 4:27 AM MDT
      March 22, 2017 1:37 AM MDT

• I never use plain language when a little hyperbole will spice up the paragraph. I'm not actually very good at it but my laptop comes with a hyperbolic chamber and I just feed in my own pitifully plain language and see what comes out. 

I can demonstrate its power right now. I just fed Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star into hyperbole.exe and look how it came out:

Scintillate, scintillate, globule lucific
    Fain would I fathom thy nature specific
    Loftily perched in the ether capacious
    Strongly resembling a gem carbonaceous

March 22, 2017 12:39 AM MDT

• Oh so beautiful...sigh...be still my fluttering heart...
      March 22, 2017 1:10 AM MDT

• I'm starting to get back together. Tomorrow is another day.
      March 22, 2017 1:11 AM MDT

• Huge transition, Dozy...it's the last thing we can do for them, a beautiful peaceful death...for all they do for us.
      March 22, 2017 1:13 AM MDT

• Indeed! I might be back later.
      March 22, 2017 1:14 AM MDT

• ... globule lucific ...

:)

(Do you really have a hyperbole chamber).
      March 22, 2017 5:09 AM MDT

• Sure. It changes the pressure of the language very gradually so that my answers don't end up with the bends.
      March 22, 2017 1:48 PM MDT

Here's one specifically for you, Didge---

"What did you bring that book that I don't like to be read to out of about Down Under up for?"
      March 22, 2017 2:02 PM MDT

• That certainly got a laugh, Tom, and while I'm smiling I'm gonna head out for my morning walk before the next shower of rain hits. Thanks for that. :D
      March 22, 2017 2:17 PM MDT