Active Now

Malizz
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » If we're all doing "the best that we can" why is the world such a mess? Is this our best?

If we're all doing "the best that we can" why is the world such a mess? Is this our best?

Posted - March 22, 2017

Responses

maybe cause we're not doing the best we can
      March 22, 2017 10:22 AM MDT

How do we know if we are or aren't? Thank you for your reply pearl and Happy Thursday.
      March 23, 2017 2:32 AM MDT

• Best to do what, is the question. Some just do their best to hinder.  I know this will arrive back to Trump if you respond. But I will say that both sides think theirs is the only way and if they did not think of it then its a bad idea.
      March 22, 2017 12:16 PM MDT

You "know" incorrectly Swoop. But you and others will think whatever you are determined to think no matter what I say so I won't bother correcting you. It is pointless. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday.
      March 23, 2017 2:31 AM MDT

Because most refuse to value the wisdom from above.  The disciples James wrote under divine inspiration: "who is wise and understanding among you? Let him by his fine conduct demonstrate works performed with a mildness that comes with wisdom. But if you have bitter jealousy and contentiousness  in your hearts, do not be bragging and lying against the truth. This is not the wisdom that comes down from above; it is earthly, animalistic, demonic. For wherever there are jealousy and contentiousness, there will also be disorder and every vile thinge. But the wisdom from above is first of all pure, then peaceable, reasonable, ready to obey, full of mercy and good fruits, impartial, not hypocritical. Moreover, the fruit of righteousness is sown in peaceful conditions for those who are making peace. (James 3:13-18) This post was edited by Autumnleaves at March 23, 2017 2:19 AM MDT
      March 22, 2017 11:54 PM MDT

Do you think people are moving further away from "love thy neighbor" rather than closer  Autumn? It seems so to me. As we make so-called progress in the quality of our electronics and  our lives we seem to be losing ourselves in the process. Maybe it's because I'm old now and I don't see as clearly. Or maybe I see more clearly. I  honestly don't know which. If we ever aspired to be our best..do our best...help one another...all of which I think is the only way to live a life...we seem to be going in the opposite direction. Not all of us of course. Just enough of us to make the world a less welcoming place. Thank you for your thoughtful reply and Happy Thursday!  :)
      March 23, 2017 2:23 AM MDT