Active Now

Randy D
Malizz
my2cents
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Business » Sears/Kmart may be on its deathbed. If they do go away for good will you miss them? Why?

Sears/Kmart may be on its deathbed. If they do go away for good will you miss them? Why?

Posted - March 22, 2017

Responses

I thought Kmart was already extinct and I've never been in Sears, so I don't really care.
      March 22, 2017 6:50 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply Patch and Happy Tuesday. I grew up with Sears being our weekly family outing. They carried EVERYTHING. Many Kmart have closed but there are still a few around. :)
      March 22, 2017 7:44 AM MDT

• I always liked Sears. I was going to buy all new appliances a year or so back and went to Lowe's first. Then I went to Sears and found the same LG models for a lot cheaper and free delivery and installation. I also used to buy some Craftsman tools on occasion. Don't care about K/Mart but I will miss Sears.
      March 22, 2017 6:55 AM MDT

Sears has really been trying to stay afloat. I like their effort and will miss them if they go under. This post was edited by O-uknow at March 22, 2017 11:05 AM MDT
      March 22, 2017 7:02 AM MDT

• I agree!
      March 22, 2017 7:14 AM MDT

As a kid Sears is the only BIG STORE I remember going to regularly. Weekly in fact. They carried everything. Their Craftsman line of tools is known for quality. Kenmore appliances always were dependable. I never thought much about Kmart either.  But Sears? Even though we don't shop there any longer I always get a warm feeling when I see one because it brings  back my childhood! Thank you for your reply Rooster and Happy Wednesday! :)
      March 22, 2017 7:46 AM MDT

• I got such a good deal on all my appliances there! I sure hope they don't go under!
      March 22, 2017 7:49 AM MDT

Gosh we did too! Fridge, washer, dryer! For years and years and years! It would be sad for me. I'm pretty sure us older folks care more about it than the young ones do. I betcha millions of them have never even been in a Sears! :(
      March 22, 2017 8:04 AM MDT

I hardly ever go in Kmart, but Sears I'll miss. I've always had good service out of Craftsman tools. I heard Sears sold the tools to Black and Decker. Same with Kenmore appliances. I have a Kenmore gas grill that I bought in 2006 I cook on it at least once a week.  I've kept the service warranty up and so far Sears has spent over $1000 on replacement parts that have worn out. One of the best deals I ever made.
      March 22, 2017 8:03 AM MDT

It would be missed a lot I think.  Thank you for your thoughtful reply cach224U and Happy Wednesday! :)
      March 22, 2017 8:04 AM MDT

My step daughter might have a problem if sears closes. She is a sales manager making 50K a year.
      March 22, 2017 8:11 AM MDT

I had an aunt(long-since dead) many years ago who worked for Sears until her retirement! You should have seen her retirement package Ele! It was magnificent! I think she was manager of some section in the store. She wasn't a top boss but she was more than a regular employee. I don't know what their retirement packages are these days. That was many decades ago. I think she had full insurance coverage for life! 100%! She had profit-sharing and a pension that equaled her monthly pay. I don't think she was at the level of having stock options though but she sure did well for herself!  Things change and usually not for the better when it comes to employment packages. Thank you for your reply m'dear!  :)
      March 23, 2017 3:29 AM MDT

No, I am a Target shopper.
      March 22, 2017 8:30 AM MDT

I like Target too Lulu'sMom! Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday! :)
      March 23, 2017 5:33 AM MDT

i might but i havent gone there in a long time
      March 22, 2017 10:21 AM MDT

• I'll miss Kmart just being there.   Nostalgia for the sign I suppose more than the store itself.

Sears?   Yes absolutely.   Thing is though it isn't the Sears I remember by any means so I already miss it in a way.  It sold Craftsman and hasn't had a sporting goods department worth a damn in 20 years.   It was the toys, tools, and outdoors departments I liked.  Where else could you get a new fishing poll, some legos,  a new set of wood chisels and then go look at outboards and shotguns?  Come on now.
      March 22, 2017 11:10 AM MDT

Exactly Glis! When I was a kid centuries ago that was our family shopping trip destination. Daddy, Mom, my "baby sister" and moi!  Weekly! They had everything you could want there! It was a kid's delight! So nostalgia for those "good old days" is what prompts me to feel really sad about its demise if it happens. We actually haven't shopped at Sears in years!  But we remember it well! Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday! :)
      March 23, 2017 5:36 AM MDT