Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » Being that guns are much harder to get in the UK, are trucks and knives the method for mass carnage?

Being that guns are much harder to get in the UK, are trucks and knives the method for mass carnage?

Posted - March 22, 2017

Responses

The knife part would seem to be true. Read this article:

http://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-london-37412508 This post was edited by Zack at March 22, 2017 3:26 PM MDT
      March 22, 2017 1:43 PM MDT

• Sad times for sure ... 
      March 22, 2017 1:45 PM MDT

I noted, "The Met Police said most youth knife crime was committed with regular knives that were readily available in the home. It said intelligence led stop and search was critical to removing those knives from the streets." aka ordinary household knives. Stabbing is awful but less easy to mass kill with a knife than a gun.
      March 22, 2017 4:21 PM MDT

• Being British, what happened today is mind-numbing. I used to walk those streets years ago. How cowardly, how reprehensible, how sickening.
    But I think you're right, and not having access to assault weapons saves no one. But having them too doesn't either.

For those who died or are ctritically wounded - our anger at your loss will hopefully elevate you above this barbarity, one day. Best wishes.
      March 22, 2017 1:49 PM MDT

• I too worked in London years ago and it reduces me to tears to think of those people just going about their daily lives as you and I did and for no reason, no reason at all, were slaughtered by a truly evil person.
      March 22, 2017 3:08 PM MDT

• Possibly...

It may be more likely that hurling a bowl of Spotted Dick or Poppy Cock is the preferred method of mayhem

March 22, 2017 3:03 PM MDT

• The criminals have always been able to get guns unfortunately.  This cowardly person is a terrorist who has achieved nothing but killing innocent people now he faces his Maker.

Just as a matter of interest here is a comment published in one of the British newspapers.

"We all knew this was going to happen we have left ourselves hopelessly exposed it's all too late now and it's innocent people who loose their lives not the incompetent politicians and people condemn Donald Trump for trying to protect his country welcome to the modern world God help us".

RIP to those innocents who lost their lives today and prayers go out to their families and those who are still fighting for their lives.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 24, 2017 4:44 PM MDT
      March 22, 2017 3:06 PM MDT

We tend not to have many incidences of mass carnage, thankfully. What happened today was awful, we couldn't expect to get away with it forever, it could have been worse; it was quickly controlled, but still awful.
      March 22, 2017 4:15 PM MDT

• "we couldn't expect to get away with it forever"......what exactly could we not expect to get away with?
      March 22, 2017 7:58 PM MDT

News sources are quoting from experts as saying this is the new method terrorists are using now. 
      March 22, 2017 9:09 PM MDT

Shows that security is having an effect. They are having to resort to using things of everyday use. 

March 24, 2017 5:01 PM MDT