Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » How can anyone stand the color yellow?

How can anyone stand the color yellow?

Posted - March 22, 2017

Responses

Excuse me ah excuse me if you don't mind.

March 23, 2017 2:56 AM MDT

• Ughh  you win,   it has one place.
      March 23, 2017 8:53 AM MDT

Couldn't resist giving you some cheek.
      March 23, 2017 3:35 PM MDT

• I'll take cheek over shade any day.
      March 23, 2017 4:27 PM MDT

• I have found it quite nice!

March 23, 2017 3:33 AM MDT

• Ewww....   Different strokes I suppose.
      March 23, 2017 8:49 AM MDT

I am very offended.  My house is yellow, I've painted all the rooms yellow, my decor is yellow, my carpets are yellow, all my clothes & shoes are yellow, and I even dyed my dog yellow.  

And to think I was going to invite you over for a visit and cook you some yellow squash soup too!  Harumph.  

I wish you a very yellow day.

March 23, 2017 6:02 AM MDT

Your house could be full of us & you wouldn't even know we were there. This post was edited by BabyDol3o4 at March 23, 2017 8:49 AM MDT
      March 23, 2017 6:17 AM MDT

I suspect a couple of you have already crept in.  Someone is farting up a storm and I know it can't be me.
      March 23, 2017 12:04 PM MDT

March 23, 2017 6:08 AM MDT

Not my favorite color either.  I much prefer shades of blue and earthtones.
      March 23, 2017 7:44 AM MDT

The color yellow relates to acquired knowledge. It is the color which resonates with the left or logic side of the brain stimulating our mental faculties and creating mental agility and perception.

Being the lightest hue of the spectrum, the color psychology of yellow is uplifting and illuminating, offering hope, happiness, cheerfulness and fun.

In the meaning of colors, yellow inspires original thought and inquisitiveness.

Much more here:  http://www.empower-yourself-with-color-psychology.com/color-yellow.html

(
    I've loved yellow since I was a kid.) This post was edited by tom jackson at March 23, 2017 1:40 PM MDT
      March 23, 2017 10:23 AM MDT

• Sounds just like astrology woo.
      March 23, 2017 10:37 AM MDT

Not if you have studied spectra and how they are perceived and responded to by humans. This post was edited by tom jackson at March 23, 2017 1:41 PM MDT
      March 23, 2017 10:46 AM MDT

• How much is culturally applied symbolism?  There are emotional reactions but that page is giving way to many specifics to not be scrutinized.
    Pigeon holes and makes broad sweeping definitive claims.   The color of knowledge? Ooookay.
    It's cool,  I'm just trying to be scientific with  the unscientific (psychology) I suppose This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 23, 2017 1:41 PM MDT
      March 23, 2017 10:57 AM MDT

Since you consider psychology to be "unscientific," no additional insight can be attained. 
      March 23, 2017 11:03 AM MDT

I always had a feeling you were cool.
      March 23, 2017 11:19 AM MDT

• Tom I am curious...is this concept of color psychological meaning something you have experience with, or is it something you just now encountered through Internet search?

Looking at the site, I don't find any documentation for their information, which however does not always invalidate the interesting ideas. And under my post, Glis mentioned yellow as producing anxiety...I notice on this site that is even mentioned..."The color yellow can be anxiety producing as it is fast moving and can cause us to feel agitated."

Anyway, the concept is intriguing, I am going to read her renderings for the other colours, I think...
      March 23, 2017 1:56 PM MDT

Aside from the physics department, I spent most of my free time in the psychology, theology, and philosophy sections of the library during my undergraduate work, so I perhaps have more of a basis for seeing the logic in this as well as seeing why there can be a solid basis for there being something to it.---(The advantage of knowing physics and psychology is obviously useful, the philosophy and theology help me in generally understanding what may be possible.)--

One of the most fascinating lectures I attended was on the psychology of color in which a guest speaker used various colored discs on a black background to demonstrate how our perception of color changes when paired with other colors, as well as simpler information such as how black lettering on a yellow background provides the best contrast for seeing those letters.  (It was a 3 hour lecture /demonstration.)

And as I mentioned, from an early age I realized that I could produce more intellectual output in a given time when I was in a bright yellow room with bright overhead fluorescent lights.  (And of course you know as a woman how various lighting makes your makeup look somewhat different.)

For years, rooms have been painted different colors to provide a certain desired "impetus."--For instance, bathroom colors are sometimes chosen to prevent excessive relaxation for employees to minimize the time they choose to spend in there.

The use of color in industrial applications to obtain one effect rather than another is something I have read about for years---both before the internet and now on the internet.

I do not actively seek information on the use of color, but my antenna is up for the occasional article I may find.

Go here and download the Summer 2016 issue of OPT  (it's the issue on color 

http://www.optmagazine.com/resources/past-issues/
      March 23, 2017 3:14 PM MDT

• Thank you, Tom...my approach is something like yours I think, not actively seeking information but I am quite delighted when I come upon the occasional article, and I am heading to your link now!
      March 23, 2017 3:30 PM MDT