Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » What's this dude's deal?

What's this dude's deal?

There's this guy at my college who I don't even know; I've never spoken to him, never had a class with him, I don't even know his name, I just see him around the school every so often. And yet ever since last semester, every single time we cross paths he'll see me and either turn his head away really fast or look down. There was even one time he was coming out of a classroom I was passing by and when he saw me he was like a deer in headlights and dipped right back into the room...so what's his deal?

And I'm pretty sure it's not because he "could be attracted to me but he's just shy or whatever", because I overheard him while I was working my desk shift in the student center a few days ago, talking to somebody about a date he'd gone on with this girl, and how awesome she was, and how they have plans for more dates in the future.

Posted - March 22, 2017

Responses

Don't be so sure he is not attracted to you. You may be his next conquest, so he hopes. Interest in you , as I know, may not be positive and could be dangerous. Take care and take precaution. Listen to your instincts when others tell you not to worry.
      March 22, 2017 10:31 PM MDT

• Who knows.  Could be a shy introvert who doesn't know how to approach you or could be a creepy weirdo like Uknow is saying.   Follow your gut unless something changes. Don't act timid or scared though, that won't help at all. 

March 22, 2017 11:45 PM MDT

I'd still vote for that he has a crush on you or something. That he's dating someone else, which may or may not be true, that does't stop him looking and wanting someone else.
      March 23, 2017 2:11 AM MDT

• Despite what you say it sounds like a major crush.. he may have other dates... But i think they may also be made up to impress you ... You could always try talking... Find out if there's anything there
      March 23, 2017 4:21 AM MDT

Seems like he's avoiding you. Maybe he's heard you are attracted to him or he thinks you're stalking him.
      March 23, 2017 6:23 AM MDT

There was this boy once (it wasn't me though) who fell in love at first sight with this girl in grade school.  She fell for him too, it was obvious.  Circumstances separated them until college but they both had met someone else.  They were still in love and the emotional conflict of being in love with two people at the same time was more than I... the boy that is... could stand.  So even though the girl made many attempts to talk to the boy, he avoided her like the plague because he could not bear the thought of breaking his current lover's heart. This post was edited by CallMeIshmael at March 23, 2017 7:58 PM MDT
      March 23, 2017 7:57 PM MDT