Active Now

Chief Ten Beers
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » I suppose we all take pride in some things and feel embarrassed about some things. Do the pride things outnumber the embarrassing ones?

I suppose we all take pride in some things and feel embarrassed about some things. Do the pride things outnumber the embarrassing ones?

What are you proudest of and most embarrassed about? Why?

Posted - March 23, 2017

Responses

It may be wrong but I am proud of the way my country handled the attack yesterday. Ok so it was in a fortuitous location with many police around but they stepped in and dealt with it fast, calmly and in a well ordered way - this is kinda what Brits do best I feel. People have been planning and on guard against this for a long time, our intelligence services have stopped countless, countless attacks - factually. It's not possible to prevent all - but you can make sure you are geared up to deal with it efficiently and effectively. Sad for the losses of victims and one police officer.
      March 23, 2017 8:53 AM MDT

You have every right to be proud of your country and your fellow citizens Addb. Winston Churchill. The Second World War. Your country/people have the well-deserved reputation of "getting on with it" and not dwelling on what can't be changed nor complaining nor whining. You simply "get on with it" and that is admirable. Thank you for your reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at March 24, 2017 9:24 AM MDT
      March 24, 2017 9:22 AM MDT

• No, not even close.
      March 23, 2017 2:18 PM MDT

Me too Lago. Not even close! Dagnabbit! :( Thank you for your reply! Maybe in the next lifetime if there is one they will? :))
      March 24, 2017 9:20 AM MDT

• I was talking with Ms Lucia about this the other day.  About those moments that bring embarrassment and shame, and how they take turns to show up most nights just before you fall asleep. Almost like a built in mechanism to keep us from doing those things again. You know what I mean?
      March 24, 2017 10:37 AM MDT