Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Some are kinder, fairer and smarter than others. Who is the kindest/fairest/smartest person you know? Why do you think so?

Some are kinder, fairer and smarter than others. Who is the kindest/fairest/smartest person you know? Why do you think so?

Posted - March 23, 2017

Responses

Me, I say in all honesty and humility... Few are as kind, caring and fair as me - I treat all people as equal and deserving of kindness unless they show me otherwise.
      March 23, 2017 8:50 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply Addb and Happy Friday.
      March 24, 2017 7:40 AM MDT

• Good question...I really thought about it too.
      March 23, 2017 2:15 PM MDT

Not good enough for you to answer it apparently.
      March 24, 2017 7:40 AM MDT

• Are you being snappy Ms Rosie??
      March 24, 2017 10:40 AM MDT

Not purposely. I cannot control how you perceive what I say. Only you can do that. You didn't answer the question. All you said was that it was a good question and you thought about it. What am I supposed to do with that? I would appreciate your telling me what reply you would give when someone shows up and neglects to answer the question you asked. That is not being snappy. That is being RosieG who wonders often about many things. Among them is why people show up  if they aren't going to provide an answer. Perhaps you can enlighten me. That is also Rosie being Rosie and not snappy or snippy or snarky. Thank you for your question. Did I answer it? Will you answer mine then Lago?  Fair is fair.:)
      March 25, 2017 4:03 AM MDT

• Sure Rosie,
    What I meant was that yes, it is a good question. And that in the thinking for someone to meet the three requirements you present, I just couldn't come up with anybody.  It certainly wouldn't be me of anybody I know. 
    I was not dissing your question, I was saying that it's a hard one. 
    So if you allow me to change it a little, id like to go with courage. And then, I'd pick the Malala Yousafzai girl. 
      March 25, 2017 7:16 AM MDT

Oh. I totally didn't get that!  I think that is an awesome choice! An extraordinary choice! I would go with my dad Lago. He had to leave school in the 8th grade to go to work to help the family out. That was in the Old Country. I have no idea what such a young boy would do to earn money working but whatever he needed to do he did. He had a younger sister. He was born in Izmir,Turkey. I trust you know about the Armenian Genocide at the hands of the Turks. He and his parents and sister escaped to the Island of Crete and lived there a few years before they came to America. He was the kindest/fairest person I've ever known. I never heard him say an unkind word about anyone. What he did  say was that people do their best and some people's best is better than others. Or he would say "consider the source" and leave it at that! As for smart he was not book smart so much as heart smart. He made people feel wonderful and he listened to them and was always there to offer a helping hand. Everyone loved him. I wish I could be that kind of person but I'm not. So my dad is the one I would pick. I think my sister might say the same thing about him. Thank you for answering my question. It was worth the wait m'dear! :) ((hugs))
      March 25, 2017 7:28 AM MDT

• yes, I am aware of the Armenian genocide. I don't understand it, how people do those things, but. . .yeah. . .im aware of it. I was going to say my fAther also, but he wasn't very smart... He was just a nice guy. . . He never wanted to be any more than that, . . . He spend many years at it, and got real good doing it.
    I remember that he was young and strong and blonde, then he was sick and old.
    And his hair got dirty yellow.
    He always made a big deal when saying hello to people, as if he was truly happy to see them. I kind of suspect that maybe he really was. At least it felt that way.
    Like you, I really try very hard sometimes to be like him, but I can't.
    So. . .yeah. . . I would have picked him too, but he was not the Smart kind.
    Thank you so much for sharing your dad's story!! This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 25, 2017 9:39 AM MDT
      March 25, 2017 8:14 AM MDT

You're welcome. It always makes me very happy to talk about him. He died at the age of 54 in January 1960. I still miss him! :)
      March 25, 2017 9:40 AM MDT

• After all this time??
    But it's been so long!
    Oh man, he.was.young.too.
    Im sorry to hear that Ms Rosie.
      March 25, 2017 1:09 PM MDT

He was the kind of dad who made me feel that I could do anything I put my mind to if I were willing to work hard. My mom..bless her heart...was not quite that kind. If I did something 99% right she'd notice and comment on the 1%. She couldn't help it I guess. I constantly felt that I came up short..disappointed her. Whereas I never felt in my entire life that I disappointed my dad! So yes I still miss him. I never thought I was a Daddy's girl but I must be. My sister felt the same about him. I'm 7 years older and when I got married at 20 she and Daddy buddied up and did lot of things together! It was so heartbreaking. When he died we all slept in the same house...my grandparents house. It was two blocks away from home. It was my grandparents and my aunt and uncle and mom and my sister and my husband and me. In the night you could hear my sister say "but who is going to walk me down the aisle?" I just got a little teary-eyed. 59 years ago and I still remember it vividly! :)
      March 26, 2017 6:33 AM MDT

• I know how you feel about your father.
    When I was a teenager, my girlfriend broke up with me over the phone. As I was walking to her house, I saw a car with the keys in it, and I took it.
    I wasn't planning on stealing it, I figured id bring it right back. No problem  right?
    Wrong.
    Big problem.
    After all was said and gone, my dad came and stood next to me outside and asked me about the car, I said I was sorry, and that I really meant to bring it back. He said, no, no no...the car. . .that was a nice car,. . How was it. . The ride you know?
    I said that it was awesome and that the seats were real thick, and that it looked like an airplane's cockpit when all the lights went on.
    All he said about the whole thing was . .  Your mom's not very happy with you right now .. . That was it.
    Btw, I don't think there's anything wrong with being a daddy's girl.
    I suppose that would make me a daddy's boy, im ok with that.
    Who walked your sister when she got married?
    Ty R.

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 26, 2017 7:27 AM MDT
      March 26, 2017 7:15 AM MDT

She and her first husband Mac got married in Big Bear among friends. I was living in Massachusetts at the time. She and her second husband Terry (the love of her life) got married in Lake Tahoe! They flew the family up and we stayed a couple of days in a snazzy hotel. The ceremony was beautiful and no one walked her down that aisle. It was set up for her to walk down a ramp and meet Terry at the altar. They've been married about 30 years and are still lovebirds! Another lovely memory I call up at will!  I have photos of it and we had such a merry time. My son drove in from San Francisco. Most of us flew up from Los Angeles. Another very nice thing about it? They won tons of money gambling! They spent a lot on getting us all up there and they more than made up for it at the tables. Maybe Daddy was looking down upon her from somewhere and made sure she won! I dunno but I can honestly say "a great time was had by all"! :) Thanks for asking! :) Your dad saw no need to make you feel worse than you already did. He sounds like my kinda guy! Someone who gets no pleasure in unnecessary unkindness.  Thanks for sharing that! :)
      March 26, 2017 7:34 AM MDT

• I agree, thru the years I've tried, with various degrees of success, to be like him. . .but it is very difficult . .. 
    Thank you for sharing too, Rosie.
      March 26, 2017 7:41 AM MDT

I can relate. I sometimes "feel" my dad watching over my shoulder. You know I say what I think and maybe I don't measure my words carefully enough in advance as I could. I never knew my dad to blurt anything out. He spoke calmly and quietly and you listened. In fact I don't remember a time he ever did/said anything for which he had to apologize to my sister or me! I can't tell you how often I had to apologize to MY kid! Oh well. My kid is a lot like my dad. Maybe it skips generations?
      March 26, 2017 7:44 AM MDT

• That's funny Rosie, 
    When the kids were little I gave them a choice, I let them choose between money or apologies whenever I messed up. Let's just say I had to go back to apologies real quick.
    I used to think people like that were weak, until I tried to hold my tongue and be like that. I think they are stronger that the rest of us. 
    I found it strange that after all this time you'd miss him so, I don't know why it was strange because I feel the same way, but I just thought I was weird. You know?
      March 26, 2017 7:52 AM MDT

Oh sweetie I just giggled. So we're both weird in the same way! Isn't that kinda comforting?  My whole life I felt like a square peg being shoved into a round hole. I still do. Only once in awhile I find another square  peg so I feel less odd! :)
      March 26, 2017 7:59 AM MDT

• Odd is good, 
    It is always a compliment to be called odd. Always. 
    I truly believe that when you're liked by all, there's something wrong.
    I read somewhere along time ago, "I'd rather have the criticism of one caring and intelligent critic, than the thoughtless approval from the masses" or something like that. .. I always liked that.
    So. . .yeah. . .Odd is good. )
      March 26, 2017 8:36 AM MDT

Actually it's me, but everyone is entitled to his own opinion. 
      March 24, 2017 7:43 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply Malizz and Happy Saturday. Since I have no idea what kind of person you are I am unable to comment further. I do agree that everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion.
      March 25, 2017 4:05 AM MDT