Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » We disagree absolutely/unequivocally/substantially. Poles apart. No hope for compromise/cooperaton. Should we just give up? Why?

We disagree absolutely/unequivocally/substantially. Poles apart. No hope for compromise/cooperaton. Should we just give up? Why?

Posted - March 23, 2017

Responses

Dunno
      March 23, 2017 8:40 AM MDT

Thanks.
      March 24, 2017 9:29 AM MDT

Ok, you leave first. 
      March 23, 2017 1:44 PM MDT

Who said anything about leaving? Leave what? Thank you for showing up Star and Happy Friday.
      March 24, 2017 9:26 AM MDT

• Judging only by the way people talk to each other here (including myself), I'd say there's no hope.
    It would take a major catastrophic event to bring people together, and even then, doubtful.
      March 23, 2017 2:12 PM MDT

I have reached the same conclusion Lago. We talk at one another when we disagree and to one another when we agree. I guess it's human nature. I know I have given up saying the sameoldsameoldsameolsameold daily to the people who say the sameoldsameoldsameoldsameold daily to me. Nothing changes. Each exchange is exactly the same as it was before and will be exactly the same tomorrow. Boredom has finally set in. What's the point?  Thank you for your reply! :)
      March 24, 2017 9:28 AM MDT

• Sometimes, I see that most people want to be validated before they lower their defenses, they want to feel you're not there to attack them, and you can establish some kind of discourse. 
    Other people are just inflexible, like a donkey, but then again, im sure they think the same about me. . . .or you. . . . So ...yeah... 
    Plus, some are just bad, angry, people. Nothing you can do about that.  I think.
      March 24, 2017 10:30 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply Lago Some people are more my cuppa tea than others and I know for sure I am NOT everyone's cuppa tea. That's totally fine with me. :)
      March 25, 2017 4:09 AM MDT

From Dave Mason's song We Just Disagree

So let's leave it alone, 'cause we can't see eye to eye
    There ain't no good guy, there ain't no bad guy
    There's only you and me and we just disagree
    Ooh-hoo-hoo, oh, oh-oh-ho

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2ff8qXa248

March 24, 2017 9:41 AM MDT

True dat! Thank you for your reply tom and Happy Saturday! :) However I would say that if the disagreement involves hurting others who have done nothing to deserve it versus not hurting others there is in fact a good guy and a bad guy.  Sometimes.
      March 25, 2017 4:10 AM MDT