Active Now

Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » I don't trust people to fairly/honorably/honestly judge themse/ves or investigate themselves. It's naive to believe otherwise. Right?

I don't trust people to fairly/honorably/honestly judge themse/ves or investigate themselves. It's naive to believe otherwise. Right?

Pols investigating their own political party members. Cops investigating cops. Doctors investigating doctors. Lawyers/accountants/auto mechanics/anyone investigating "their own kind".   If they have nothing to hide they can't object to outside impartial observers. If they do then they will fight tooth and nail and INSIST only they can do a good job. What do you think about that? Why?

Posted - March 23, 2017

Responses

Mostly you are right and evidence shows that - too much danger of self-interest and sticking together; few can effectively judge themselves.
      March 23, 2017 8:55 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply Addb.
      March 24, 2017 7:42 AM MDT

• We've all heard of the blue wall of police protecting each other.  Doctors do the same and realistically I believe that other professions do the same.  Sad though!
      March 23, 2017 9:36 PM MDT

I agree. It is very sad. Thank you for your reply Yogafan and Happy Friday! :)
      March 24, 2017 7:41 AM MDT