Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » Is there such a thing as too much garlic in a garlic-y meal?

Is there such a thing as too much garlic in a garlic-y meal?

I think garlic is another of those things you love  or hate

Posted - March 23, 2017

Responses

Garlic is a separate food group and should be used liberally when a dish calls for it. I add it to most dishes.
      March 23, 2017 12:02 PM MDT

Yummmmmmy - just make sure you are alone or that your partner eats it too :P
      March 23, 2017 12:05 PM MDT

• I love garlic but the answer is yes.   It's a strong flavor and be unbalanced if over used in certain dishes.  Often it doesn't make for a bad meal,  just a one dimensional flavor.

There's a saturation point of diminishing returns too.   If you make garlic bread for example, more is better but after a point it doesn't taste any more garlicy and just wasting the garlic.
      March 23, 2017 12:38 PM MDT

I like garlic but usually try to avoid it due to the stinky after glow it leaves. I love garlic on 
    bread, Italian food and many other things. If fact a piece of good hot garlic bread slathered with
    real butter sounds really good right now.  Actually two pieces and a plate of spaghetti.
    Oh add to that a little side of salad with ranch dressing.  
    The stuff dreams are made of.  hahahahaha

This post was edited by . at March 23, 2017 1:22 PM MDT
      March 23, 2017 1:19 PM MDT

• I love garlic! I use it in a lot of meals that I make. I prefer a good balance of flavor, but strong garlic is ok too.
      March 23, 2017 2:17 PM MDT

I love garlic and garlic powder and use it in almost everything I cook.
    I don't want it  overpower my food, I just want it to enhance it.
      March 24, 2017 5:20 PM MDT