Active Now

Malizz
CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Per Conservative columnist Bill Kristal "we are living in a time of the degradation of shading of truth". Desirable/un? Evitable/in?

Per Conservative columnist Bill Kristal "we are living in a time of the degradation of shading of truth". Desirable/un? Evitable/in?

Posted - March 23, 2017

Responses

• That implies this time is different than any other.   It's not a new thing.
      March 23, 2017 1:11 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply Glis. So with the advent of "ALTERNATIVE FACTS"  being advanced a means of communicating and daily lies being told and repeated you think there is nothing unusual about NOW? Okay. I  totally disagree with thee. :)
      March 24, 2017 9:15 AM MDT

• Just because we have new buzzwords and better and faster ways of shedding light onto lies and controversies doesn't make it new.
    Politicians have always been lying and manipulating the people.  Lying and misinformation isn't new,  the nifty buzzword "alternative facts" is new.  

MKUltra
    McCarthyism
    WaterGate
    List goes on

Where have you been?   When was this golden age of honest and clean government and politicians? This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 25, 2017 4:07 AM MDT
      March 24, 2017 9:52 AM MDT

Sameoldsameoldsameold then? What is MKUltra? Never heard of it. I had friends whose parents were adversely impacted by black listing thanks to McCarthyism. As for WaterGate that was just a bigly huge political trick which is de rigeur among crooks don'tcha know? Getting away with it free and clear would have justified it. But they got caught and it took Nixon down. AS for where have I been? Hither and yon, here and there, in and out, up and down, outside and inside.  Does that answer your question? Thank you for your reply Glis. You seem upset that I think the current situation is so abominable. Why?  Is having a compulsive liar head of state in bed with Russia okay with you? Alternative facts! Do you get off on them? If you believe this is nothing new and certainly nothing to get overly upset about then we disagree. So what? Right? It matters not what we say. Who cares? :)
      March 25, 2017 3:54 AM MDT

• Does he think this is new or unusual?
      March 23, 2017 5:15 PM MDT

So ALTERNATIVE FACTS and daily lies that are repeated 24/7 is usual then whistle? Hmmm. I never heard of ALTERNATIVE FACTS being promulgated by anyone until Kelleyanne Conway told us about it nor a  head of state in the US who was so cavalier with "facts", "truth", "lies". But then I must have led a sheltered life if this is all old hat to you and nothing new. Of course I disagree with thee  whistle. Thank you for your reply.
      March 24, 2017 9:18 AM MDT

• To have listeners aware that a speaker is using "alternative facts" would undermine the entire enterprise.  But pause and consider the misery created by "alternative facts", witch trials, slavery stand as powerful examples in history.   
      March 24, 2017 3:45 PM MDT

Touche m'dear! As you know we can thank Kellyanne Conway for coining that term when she was confronted with all the lies that are told all the time by Trump et al. She personally has told some whoppers! I guess if it has a name that validates it? That will stick with her forever after. Thank you for your reply whistle!
      March 25, 2017 3:47 AM MDT