Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » The Affordable Care Act Repeal has been delayed. Thoughts?

The Affordable Care Act Repeal has been delayed. Thoughts?

Posted - March 23, 2017

Responses

It's a test of Trump's power and will probably be a humiliating defeat for him. He's already threatened everybody who votes against his and Ryan's bill.

The bill drastically reduces benefits for the poor and passes on the savings to the rich - the top 1 percent. Like anythng associated with Trump, it smacks of evil.
      March 23, 2017 3:55 PM MDT

• I think they should take their time and involve as much input as possible and get it as right as they can before passing it.
      March 23, 2017 4:35 PM MDT

We all believe that but that's not how it works. Trump and his cohorts simply want to destroy Obamacare because the Dems passed it. His team coud care less about the health of the ordinary people. He just wants a "win" in his column, and to reward his rich pals who get a financial bonanza with his plan.

So we all suffer.  
      March 23, 2017 9:34 PM MDT

Congress shouldn't pass laws that don't effect them also.
      March 23, 2017 4:54 PM MDT

Congress has OC so it does effect them.
      March 23, 2017 6:11 PM MDT

Technically you are right but,

Under pressure from Congress and the president himself, the federal Office of Personnel Management (which administers benefits for federal workers, including Congress) decided the House and Senate would participate in the District of Columbia's "Small Business Health Options Program," or "SHOP" Exchange, rather than the Exchanges that exist for individuals. The reason is that federal law would not allow members and staff to keep receiving a taxpayer contribution of up to $12,000 toward their premiums if they enrolled in individual-market Exchanges. Yet putting Congress in a small-business Exchange isn't exactly legal, either. Both federal and D.C. law expressly prohibited any employer with more than 50 employees from participating D.C.'s SHOP Exchange. The House and Senate each employ thousands upon thousands of people.

This post was edited by catch224U at March 24, 2017 8:40 AM MDT
      March 24, 2017 5:48 AM MDT

Interesting I did not know that.....they should not be allowed to carve out a special case for themselves.
      March 24, 2017 6:10 AM MDT

• Good, they need to delay it until they can stop their bickering and compromise on a plan that they can bring to American people as a united party.
      March 23, 2017 5:10 PM MDT

I can't afford to care.

We have this prophecy we call Armageddon. The USA is prominently absent from the story. The country must collapse and become helpless before then. You are seeing prophecy fulfilled as you watch. IMO the sooner it collapses, the better.
      March 23, 2017 5:37 PM MDT

The USA is the Eagle in Revelation that is protecting the woman Israel. 
    You are correct USA is not part of the global government. 
      March 23, 2017 6:05 PM MDT

I think the R's had better get on board. Cause if OC is not repealed and replaced some of them may not get through their primary.
      March 23, 2017 6:10 PM MDT

Hard Republican Conservatives fear they may not get through their primaries if they pass OC Light.
      March 24, 2017 8:42 AM MDT

Depends on where they are located, I suppose.
    I did look up my representative and he voted correctly.
      March 24, 2017 5:04 PM MDT

1. Trump constituents are finding out they will lose their healthcare and they are not happy. The Republicans have to replace what they had with something better.
    2. Seniors have found their payments are going to be 5 times what they were. That is ridiculous! From $2,800 to $14,000. Whoaaaa!!!! 
    3. Then the wealthy will get $600 billion in tax cuts. 
    4. 24 million people are expected to lose their insurance in the next 10 years. 

March 23, 2017 10:06 PM MDT

A seniors have Medicare and Medicare is not increasing po premiums....
      March 24, 2017 4:17 AM MDT

Not every senior can get Medicare unless you or your mare paid into social security. Also you have to be 65 years old before you can get on that. Seniors are seniors at age 55. 
      March 24, 2017 11:31 PM MDT

Medicare only requires that you be 65 (or disabled) you or your spouse worked and into Medicare for 10 yrs. Anyone who does not meet that will certainly qualify for Medicaid because they have not been working. 
    You would be correct about qualifing for Medicare for the 55-64 group however that is not a Sr in my personal opinion.  
    Personally if my premium were that high.....I would cancel my policy and pay private payer.
      March 25, 2017 4:59 AM MDT

Well, repeal is a option chosen when another option is considered to be the worst possible.

There is some indication that Clinton was thought to be the worst possible thing, and so the minority chose Trump.

Let see how this plays out.

No real feelings yet---snatching defeat from the jaws of victory is still a distinct possibility.

March 24, 2017 9:00 AM MDT