Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Shopping » How do you feel about this?

How do you feel about this?

Just saw a news story out of North Carolina.  A jewelry store changed up their billboard which is located over an interstate, with a new marketing campaign.  It has upset a number of people who are insisting the new advertisement be taken down.  

Is this another example of our society becoming too PC?  Or should the sign be removed because it incites violence against women?

What do you think and why do you feel this way?

Here's one link to the story:

http://counton2.com/2017/03/24/north-carolina-billboard-sparks-plans-for-protest/

Posted - March 24, 2017

Responses

Well, it doesn't exclude women from buying rocks for their girlfriends... so no... let it stay, and have her reminded to bring me a stone back home... Lol. ;-)

Verdict: Too PC!
    Argument: Cos I said so (using quote of other member here). Yus!
      March 24, 2017 5:10 AM MDT

Thanks SH!  I agree.  I think it's a very playful & clever ad.  I was a bit taken aback that there seemed to be a lot of women up in arms over this.
      March 24, 2017 9:45 AM MDT

Sometimes we seem to forget the bigger causes.It could have been formulated as WW suggested further below in the comments, but making a big fuss over this seems to me shooting above the target. However I cannot accept it as being seen as a sign of PC'ness has no place at all. PC has become a negative thing, maybe because of too many bad examples where it's stretched too long. This is a shame as Trump mastered using the tiredness of PC'ness to his advantage. I cannot accept his ways of making PC a bad thing and advocating anti-PC as bullying being okay. It's not. 
      March 24, 2017 9:50 AM MDT

I am still near the beginning making my way through the remarks and, unfortunately, probably won't be able to finish until much later.
      March 24, 2017 10:08 AM MDT

I am aware, and quite some storm you got started here. See you around. ;-)
      March 24, 2017 10:09 AM MDT

• Would you feel the.same if it was like this??

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 24, 2017 6:33 PM MDT
      March 24, 2017 12:22 PM MDT

Allow me not to respond. I've seen your replies for other contributors inside this question. Thank you.
      March 24, 2017 1:39 PM MDT

• After reading your respond I went and read over mine. 
    And you're right, I probably wouldn't respond either.
    You made me see the foolishness of it all.
    Thanks.
      March 24, 2017 1:44 PM MDT

• Why don't you think outside of your box and be less uptight, Sapph. It's a perfectly legitimate proposition. Don't be so defensive, yes?
      March 24, 2017 1:44 PM MDT

Dear Lucia, I could easily pick up a fight with both of you teaming up on me too. However, nothing positive will be the outcome, at least not in my view. I'm not sure what outcome you're looking for, but maybe burned bridges, eventually? 

Call me uptight all you want, I think it says more about the messenger than the receiver. I got eyes, and read what's been going on inside this question, as other questions. Pick up a fight with someone ready for it. I made my experiences previously from taking part in another arguing, and this is the result of my reflections. If that's defensive, and not thinking out of the box, so be it. Over and out.
      March 24, 2017 2:23 PM MDT

• So much for that.
      March 24, 2017 5:16 PM MDT

Any specific purpose having a private conversation inside my thread of this question? The two of you do talk in private, as clearly stated another place inside one of the threads here. If you want to send me a message, do it in clear message. I believe you know how to find me in the chat, no? This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 26, 2017 2:41 PM MDT
      March 24, 2017 5:29 PM MDT

• You may think Lucia is.attacking you, but she's not. She really commits herself to try make some people see things a certain way.  She's telling this thing because she's a good person. There's only a couple of people on this site that I don't care for, and you have.never been one of them. Nor WW for that matter. Ill just let you be.
      March 24, 2017 6:05 PM MDT

Still doesn't explain your private comment inside my thread. Btw, I thought it was your intend to let me be, until I saw your private message not for me, but clearly about me.

As for Lucia and her comment, I believe her old enough to explain herself, if her attend wasn't to be overly aggressive in her comment for me, after I told you I won't go into any debate with you. I suggest you leave it to her and me to get straighten out, unless you got different agenda that is.

March 24, 2017 6:25 PM MDT

• Your thread?
    come on woman.
    I tried. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 28, 2017 1:22 PM MDT
      March 24, 2017 8:51 PM MDT

Come on man... patronise others, it won't work with me. Now, why don't you follow your own words? You promised to let me be. Try harder. Btw, quite tragicomic how you're offended by the text on the billboard on behalf of suppressed women, and next see how you address me in your comments here. Makes me think, which one is the true him? Hmm. Rhetoric question, keep your word. Thank you. Bye. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 26, 2017 2:42 PM MDT
      March 25, 2017 12:20 AM MDT

• Ok, This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 28, 2017 1:22 PM MDT
      March 25, 2017 7:22 AM MDT

Too PC.

It is just a funny play on words. My husband can throw as many of those rocks me as he wants.
      March 24, 2017 5:21 AM MDT

• I think you're missing the point.
      March 24, 2017 5:30 AM MDT

No I get it....I just think it's funny. 
      March 24, 2017 6:02 AM MDT

• Would you think it funny if, say, the billboard was promting Jimmy's Hardware store and it showed a Christian being nailed up - sometimes you need nails. Would that be funny to you? I'm asking.
      March 24, 2017 8:14 AM MDT

• It was inspired by the Esteemed Lago, he can take credit for half of it . Which half is up to him. )
      March 24, 2017 8:31 AM MDT

• But there is a serious question there, one that is being lost somehow. 
      March 24, 2017 8:34 AM MDT

That would bother me because of the need for the nails is to harm a person. 
    A person giving another person a gem (rock) is not to harm.

Now staying with the gemstone rock theme, Said:  "Sometimes when you are the one with sin, you have to throw the first stone." 
    Again because the person is not being harmed, the recipient is being given something nice. So this is ok to me. This post was edited by my2cents at March 24, 2017 9:38 AM MDT
      March 24, 2017 9:09 AM MDT