Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » A large number of poor white communities voted for Trump. Trumpcare passage could hurt them grievously. Does he care?

A large number of poor white communities voted for Trump. Trumpcare passage could hurt them grievously. Does he care?

Trumpcare cuts drastically treatment for addiction and mental health services. So he hurts his supporters by advancing this bill. Is that how a grateful person repays those who got him there?

Posted - March 24, 2017

Responses

Of course he doesn't care... I said all along he hoodwinked those poor people 
      March 24, 2017 10:59 AM MDT

Trumpcare had 17% approval rating among we the people and 46% of the people voted for Trump. So a lot of them woke up. Thank you for your reply Addb! :)
      March 25, 2017 3:25 AM MDT

You don't understand the mentally of the right wing. We're just not interested in handouts. Poor right wingers don't want the government to take care of them. They want government to make the economy strong (i.e. stop suppressing it) so they won't need help.

You're just projecting your own weakness and entitlement. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at March 25, 2017 9:06 AM MDT
      March 24, 2017 4:56 PM MDT

You are clearly not your brother's keeper  TZ. Nor do you love your neighbor as yourself. I think caring about others is a strength. You think it is a weakness. Different strokes. If I can be of help to others I am very happy to do what I can for them. You want them to buck up and handle it on their own. There is nothing wrong with that for you. I just chose a different path for me. You can denigrate me all you wish. It changes nothing. You are what you are and whom. I am likewise what I am. Thank you for your reply TZ. You are true to yourself. I am true to me. Why is that not okay with thee?
      March 25, 2017 3:23 AM MDT

No, I am my brothers keeper. I want them to be strong, independent, empowered people who kneel to no one, not dependents with no dignity begging the state for scraps.

You are creating the poverty you seek to avoid with government largess.

No, we aren't choosing our own paths. You are pulling me (and the rest of society) down your path.

Your attitudes aren't ok with me because this is not a game. Our civilization is going to collapse. Most young people have no future. Your ideas must be destroyed for the future of humanity.  That necessitates throwing your feelings under the bus. That's unfortunate but I'm not going to lose any sleep over it. This post was edited by Zeitgeist at March 25, 2017 9:06 AM MDT
      March 25, 2017 8:41 AM MDT

So how do you transition an adult who by their their upbringing in our society has been made to believe that he is weak, dependent, and powerless into a strong, independent, empowered person and a fully functioning and contributing member of society?---

Would you have thought, had you been there to liberate Treblinka, that the prisoners should have gleefully leaped up and skipped all the way to the allied trucks because all of a sudden found out they had been freed?---

If I am your brother and you are my keeper; if you are going to come over to my house this evening, I will be as far away from home as I can by the time you get here.---And I am leaving NOW.
      March 25, 2017 9:46 AM MDT

Should a heroin addict quit cold turkey with all the pain that entails? Perhaps not. Though he will not recover without enduring some pain. 

I'm under no illusion of the massive difficulties in the transition. Society can't quit leftism cold turkey. The casualties would be in the tens of millions.

Though if society continues as it is, the state will eventually go bankrupt, all the welfare will stop overnight and massive suffering will ensue.

What's kinder? Making the addict suffer the pain of withdrawal or letting him keep going until he dies? This post was edited by Zeitgeist at March 26, 2017 10:11 AM MDT
      March 25, 2017 10:21 AM MDT

"You are true to yourself. I am true to me. Why is that not okay with thee?"---

Here's why that's not OK as a general proposition, RosieG.---Sooner or later we are all to be driving on the same road to get to our individual destinations.---And if each of us is being true to ourselves and one of us drives on the right side of the road and the other one drives on the left---neither of us is going to get where we want to go, and neither of us is likely to survive.
      March 25, 2017 9:33 AM MDT

I hope it really hurts them BAD.

That is what I hope. 

Ignorance?  Ignorance is what has caused the whole country to pay.   These people got what they totally deserve and lessons are going to be learned.  Unfortunately, it is a lesson the rest of us have to learn as well.

Putting Bozos in charge of our destiny is the mark of incredibly stupid.

Bozos are voting and Bozos are ruling us.

I'm sick of the poor and dumb.   There are plenty of poor and thoughtful.   Those are the ones who need encouragement.  Not the deliberately obtuse. This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at March 25, 2017 10:21 AM MDT
      March 25, 2017 9:36 AM MDT