Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » A young Jewish man was arrested in Israel for making dozens of anti-Semitic threats worldwide. Why would a Jewish person do that?

A young Jewish man was arrested in Israel for making dozens of anti-Semitic threats worldwide. Why would a Jewish person do that?

Posted - March 24, 2017

Responses

• Going on a guess but prolly an anti-Zionist Jew.

Trying to be an edgelord possibly as well. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 25, 2017 3:28 AM MDT
      March 24, 2017 10:43 AM MDT

It just seems so odd to me Glis! Long ago and far away  I was married to a Sephardic Jew. We were at a  holiday party at the home of one of my co-workers. Another co-worker was Jewish and she struck up a conversation with him. I was appalled at what he said to her about Jews! Honestly it floored me and I was so embarrassed. I apologized to her for his verbal assault and I asked him what made him say those things. I could never get a straight answer out of him. So I personally witnessed something I thought was wacky and weird and illogical. I guess it takes all kinds. SIGH. Thank you for your reply and Happy Saturday!  :)
      March 25, 2017 3:31 AM MDT

• Just because one is born into a tradition or culture does not mean that individual feels loyalty or cares for it.  without know a very great deal more about this individual, his general mental make up, his family life, experience and such, who could say why?  
      March 24, 2017 4:21 PM MDT

It just struck me as being a very odd thing for a Jewish person to do. Thank you for your reply whistle and Happy Saturday. I am of Armenian descent. I would never attack other  Armenians like that.  Actually I would never attack anyone like that, Armenian or not. I just think that loyalty to one's own history and people should be automatic/intrinsic/unquestionable. It isn't.  So I question why? :)
      March 25, 2017 3:28 AM MDT

• What form did these attacks take?
      March 25, 2017 3:31 PM MDT

As I understand it they were anti-semitic threats and insults that he communicated via the internet. I'm not sure if it took other forms but any Jewish person who is overtly anti-Semitic in any way puzzles the he** outta me. I mean I just do not get it. Thank you for your questiion whistle! :)
      March 26, 2017 6:09 AM MDT

Who knows? He maybe mad at the government for taxes or something else. Maybe he fell in love with a Arab woman, or maybe he is just a nut.
    Maybe he converted to Islam, maybe he don't believe in Zionism, ......I go with a nut anyone who is a terrorist is a nut.
      March 25, 2017 5:20 AM MDT

It just seems so oddly weird to me that a Jewish person would go out of his way to upset/frighten/threaten other Jewish people. Thank you for your reply m2c and Happy Saturday to thee! I guess it takes all kinds! :(
      March 25, 2017 5:23 AM MDT