Active Now

Malizz
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Politics » The Affordable Care Act Repeal was just pulled. Thoughts?

The Affordable Care Act Repeal was just pulled. Thoughts?

http://www.politicususa.com/2017/03/24/republicans-chaos-trump-asks-paul-ryan-pull-health-care-bill-faces-defeat.html

Posted - March 24, 2017

Responses

• Well Dear Zack THAT is hot off the press!

I remember some of your fine posts from Blurt, because they really helped me begin formulate my own thinking...

I don't like ObamaCare, even though I think Obama is one of our better presidents. 
    I am hoping this brouhaha over health care is part of a process that BOTH red and blue must see that Americans will not tolerate politics as usual, that we now want a government that works.
      March 24, 2017 2:36 PM MDT

• I agree Virginia!
      March 24, 2017 2:38 PM MDT

The only way the Republican Party keeps their jobs after the 2018 and 2020 elections is to give their constituents what they want. Anything short of that and they will be unemployed.
      March 24, 2017 2:39 PM MDT

I am no expert as everyone knows, I just despise Trump because he is an incompetent idiot, and this is another example of how he never thinks anything through and makes terrible decisions
      March 24, 2017 3:33 PM MDT

• Expected it and believe  90% of everyone involved with it did as well.   Think it wasn't meant to pass but is just political haggling.  Plan on more to come from both sides. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 24, 2017 5:22 PM MDT
      March 24, 2017 3:47 PM MDT

• If it annoys Trumpler, I am amused

Obiecare sucks but Trumpcare sucks worse. The solution is simple... Bozo just needs to hand it over to Bernie Sanders. He'll solve the problem
      March 24, 2017 3:57 PM MDT

What I think is that this was a perfect example of Democracy in action.  The plan introduced was not a good compromise.  The American people let their representatives know how they felt and those representatives did their jobs.  This is going to get more interesting as we move forward.  Trump said he was done and he was moving on from the ACA repeal.  I don't know what that means.  Will Ryan make another attempt to fix his plan and put it forward for a vote again?  Will Trump be involved at all?  This is like a nightmarish soap opera we are living in.  I do think Trump handled this the way he usually handles his business deals.  If he doesn't get what he wants within a certain period of time, he walks away.  This doesn't bode well in his ability to properly assess, and artfully manage, any conflicts that may arise with foreign powers.

March 24, 2017 4:21 PM MDT

• This was a useful evaluation for me, Harry. 
    I live in Republican, Trump country; I understand why people here voted for him, and you have given a reasonable explanation as to why his approach does not work in the way my homefolks have hoped.
      March 24, 2017 5:40 PM MDT

Glad I could help.  I dealt with one his companies years ago and received a quick & brutal tutorial on his business practices.  If you want to get a better understanding of how the man operates, from what I've been told, his book, The Art of The Deal, gives a very good insight into the man.
      March 24, 2017 5:49 PM MDT

• Well not inclined to immerse myself in his thought processes at this point, not yet anyway...however, I will add this to my list for possible future reference...
      March 24, 2017 7:13 PM MDT

LOL!  I understand.  Frankly, I have to admit, I am always fascinated with the thought processes of people I have trouble understanding who may have a direct impact on my life.
      March 25, 2017 7:20 AM MDT

• Yes, he certainly may have a very direct impact on all our lives!
      March 25, 2017 11:11 AM MDT

That's what He gets
    trying to bull his way through
    with just the Repubs in closed 
    Door sessions.
         If He brought in the Dems to work together
    with the Repubs and made it
    a joint rendering, something
    good might have emerged.
    Just my opinion.
      March 25, 2017 12:53 PM MDT