Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » What's your formula for a happy marriage/relationship?

What's your formula for a happy marriage/relationship?

One woman wrote she owed her success to a double bed and separate bank accounts. It's a clever quip but wouldn't have worked for us (two insomniacs in the same bed are likely to tear each other's throats out).

What's your formula?

Posted - March 24, 2017

Responses

Live, laugh and marry someone who's compatible, shares your views and aspirations, oh and is dynamite in bed :P
      March 24, 2017 3:43 PM MDT

• Sounds good. Mrs Didge married me for my initial. Her maiden name was Wood and, as a child, she spent so much time on the wrong end of alphabetical queues that she said she'd have married anybody with an initial in the first half of the alphabet.
      March 24, 2017 3:57 PM MDT

Loving each other like you love yourself. My sweetie is very attentive and thoughtful.  I appreciate him very much.  I hope i make him feel as special as he makes me.
      March 24, 2017 4:33 PM MDT

• With an answer like that I'm sure that you do. He's a lucky man.
      March 24, 2017 7:36 PM MDT

Is that right? I'll worship you just as soon as I get what I want from you. Over and over and over again. Only then can you wrap me around your fingers. This post was edited by Zack at March 24, 2017 8:42 PM MDT
      March 24, 2017 8:38 PM MDT

We both hide nothing from our audience and people know how I feel about you. Like I've said before, you're a keeper.

March 24, 2017 8:48 PM MDT

• Boy, I'd like to find out about that one first hand.
      March 24, 2017 9:39 PM MDT

Two people have to have a focus of the total path they are on.  They both have  MUST have the same values.  They do not have to have much else to make it work.  IF they both have the same goals in mind, if they possess a selfless mind that is willing to give before recieving, there is a chance that it will work.  Two people who care about each other are doing something right.   The ones who have gratitude for the other person and share the compassion of what the other one feels?  Winner winner chicken dinner.

Hope this applies to you.  I think it does, Didge
      March 24, 2017 8:46 PM MDT

• Thanks, Pres. Good answer. And, oh yeah, we've been lucky -- but we worked together for that luck.
      March 24, 2017 9:41 PM MDT

Exactly.   It has to be earned or it is worthless. 

You both are blessed.
      March 24, 2017 9:44 PM MDT

Denial.
      March 24, 2017 9:16 PM MDT

• Now there's a brief answer with a great deal of implication. Since it can be interpreted a couple of ways I'm not gonna comment -- except to say thanks for answering. :)
      March 24, 2017 9:42 PM MDT

Forgiving and putting up with each other's imperfections. (Colossians 3:13)
      May 12, 2017 11:36 PM MDT