Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Holidays » If you couldn't have your normal type of vacation...

If you couldn't have your normal type of vacation...

where else would you go? 

For instance, if you preferred beach, or skiing, or a cruise, or travel, but had to do something completely different this year, what would be your choice? 

Posted - March 24, 2017

Responses

I love trying anything new, so any of the above; I fancy a city vacation; that's the total opposite of anything I have ever done -not a city person
      March 24, 2017 3:47 PM MDT

• I spent too many years working in a big city to want to go back. We live 60 km west of Sydney but I've only been back twice since the 2000 Olympics.
      March 24, 2017 3:53 PM MDT

Traveling to the beach would be completely different. If I couldn't go anywhere I guess seeing the local sites I have not enjoyed yet would be nice.  A symphony, ballet or play on a Sunday afternoon 
    would be enjoyable. (I don't have anything really nice to wear for an evening performance.) There is an Indian cave or something like that near here I've never seen.  A day pass for an art gallery.  

March 24, 2017 3:52 PM MDT

• I love your imagination. That all sounds great. It's been far too long since I went to an art gallery.
      March 24, 2017 3:55 PM MDT

Well thank you. A vegetarian cooking class would also be fun.  
      March 24, 2017 4:09 PM MDT

Regular vacation for me would be D.C because I have in-laws who live close to that area. But I'd like to go to NYC to switch it up a bit. I want the streets to make me feel brand new, the bright lights to inspire me. Alicia Keys promised that. And if she's wrong, I'd like her to refund my 1.99 Itunes purchase of that song. ;p
      March 24, 2017 4:01 PM MDT

• And you'd be entitled to a refund, Righty. Still, I doubt if you'd be disappointed so you probably won't need to apply for it. :)
      March 24, 2017 4:15 PM MDT

• Well Dozy as it happens, while on Blurt I began my Bucket List!
    So here are a few of the salient entries...

1. Going to Quebec, JaimieJT says there are lots of Beautiful Old Things there...sigh, kindred feeling and all...
    2. Going to Rooster's house, get lined up for a flight on a B-24 bomber, The Dragon Lady...
    3. Going to Antarctica (hey why not? never been there, and it's a bucket list!)
    4. Bicycle through the Australian outback walkabout with my spaghetti strainer on my head, pilgrimage for FSM...then stop by Didge and Didgerina for my Lamington Cake, Cherry Ripe candy bars and some Violet Crumble.
      March 24, 2017 7:38 PM MDT

• Lol :) I said " old things"?? I have such a way with words :p if you ever  make it to Quebec.. I'll meet you there and show you the sites ( old things) and we'll have a liquid lunch .... Cos I said so :) 
      March 24, 2017 8:18 PM MDT

• Ha ha, well Jaimie you were actually telling me about the beautiful old BUILDINGS, and I just kinda added my own special spin...and oh yes to liquid lunch!
      March 24, 2017 8:36 PM MDT

• You'd love Quebec , Virginia :) yes was probably referring to architecture :) but "old things "does sound like somwting  I would say :p LIQUID LUNCH!!!! :) yesssssssssss :)
      March 24, 2017 8:39 PM MDT

• You wouldn't like the cherry ripe, Virginia. Sickly sweet. The violet crumble bars are nice, though.

And if you really plan to cycle through the Outback just remember that escape  velocity for an Australian bush fly is about 15 mph. Keep your speed above that and you'll be find; drop below it and you swallow more flies than you really want to know about.
      March 24, 2017 9:37 PM MDT

• That is important information about the Australian bush fly ty, I am making a note of it...
      March 24, 2017 9:48 PM MDT

• I've been fortunate to go to allot of cool places in my life so far .... I've been sling vacations and Beachy vacations ...So I can't think of anywhere "unusual" I'd  like to go.... I'm going Vegas next month and that will be new for me ....I'm anxiety over it so I hate it now :) I guess I'd like to go to Dubai , but doubt I ever will. 
      March 24, 2017 8:25 PM MDT

• I should think a Canadian would have had their fill of cool places. :(
      March 24, 2017 9:38 PM MDT

• True :)
      March 24, 2017 9:42 PM MDT

I live in a seaside resort so all my holidays tend to be inland!

I do have ideas for alternatives if my regular one didn't take place, mainly based on exploring areas of Britain I have visited only briefly if at all.
      April 20, 2017 5:03 PM MDT