Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Names » What is a nature name, (i.e. Brook, or Dawn or Stone that you like? Or Moon Unit?

What is a nature name, (i.e. Brook, or Dawn or Stone that you like? Or Moon Unit?

Posted - March 24, 2017

Responses

I had never thought of this but since you brought it up, I must.  As much as it isn't smart at all to reveal about our true identities, I do feel safe to say, I am extremely fond of Dawn and Brooks.  
    First, I love waking up at the break of Dawn to start a new day.  I greet it with positive energy and I am the most comfortable around any moving water. Brooks is a very fine example of that.  The ocean is my favorite.  But, brooks are as wonderful as the ocean if you are land bound. 
    I absolutely love nature and the planet we live on.  Most anything that ends with ology excites me no end.
    It is also the name of my husband.  True.  Winks and Smiles
    I knew a dog named ocean once and felt sorry for it because he had a human friend who was a vegetarian and expected his dog to do the same.  I still like the name.  I don't think I would name something ocean unless they were extremely powerful
    I like things that deal with nature.  Naming someone after something natural, like "ocean" can be tricky.  It may lead to a lot of teasing and expectations. This post was edited by Merlin at May 14, 2017 9:20 AM MDT
      March 24, 2017 10:13 PM MDT

So you're an expert on Brooksology, right?
    ~
      March 25, 2017 6:01 AM MDT

Huge smiles Randy!  Indeed!  It is an on going scientific study that requires daily research and constant attention.  It's been going on for 21 years and still no definitive answers.  I'll keep you posted from time to time as to how it is maturing.  You are Very funny Randy!!
      March 25, 2017 7:10 PM MDT

.... And Randy, for some odd reason, he is sitting across the table working on the blue prints at the moment, but stopped, to made sure I told you it is not spelled like the Dawn in the morning.  I assured him you had probably figured that out on your own.  As I said, it is an ongoing process. ;) This post was edited by Merlin at March 25, 2017 7:16 PM MDT
      March 25, 2017 7:14 PM MDT

Hey, be careful with that Bunson Burner so close to the giblets!

~
      March 25, 2017 7:24 PM MDT

Kell Brook, Red Dawn, Sharon Stone, Keith Moon. 
      March 24, 2017 10:14 PM MDT

• Dear President S v. S,
    Being more than a bit 'gone' myself, I tend to attract friends who are likewise rather unusual...
    They have given their daughters names like 

PRAIRIE FLOWER
    SIERRA SUNRISE
    RUBY ALAYNA

Truth; these young women are now in their forties.

Oh, and I almost forgot to tell you...my uncle's given name was ORANGE LEMON.
    I called him my Uncle Orrie.
    The story is, that his mother was pregnant with him crossing the continent on a covered wagon, craving citrus. He was born just after they arrived in Chehalis, Washington where he lived all his life...he usually went by the name Ora L. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 25, 2017 6:01 AM MDT
      March 25, 2017 12:11 AM MDT

• A bit 'gone', V? I knew I liked you.
      March 25, 2017 12:12 AM MDT

Misty
    Rain
    Skye
    Dewey
    Periwinkle
    Dale
    Coral
    Kitty
    Woody (Woodrow)
    Rock (ok, it's a nickname)
    Sunny
    Rose
    Ivy
    Robin
    Petunia
    Daisy
    Sapphire
    Opal
    Delta
    Heather
    Wolf
    Estrella (Spanish for star)
    Nieve (Spanish for snow)
    Marisol (Spanish for sea and sun)
    Solimar (Spanish for sun and sea)

~
      March 25, 2017 6:19 AM MDT

• Beautiful list.
      March 25, 2017 11:04 AM MDT

Merci!
    ~
      March 25, 2017 11:29 AM MDT

I know a girl named Raine.  I always liked it.  She was a friend of my daughter.
      March 25, 2017 11:34 AM MDT

• "Crystal Gayle" (Brenda Gail Webb)

May 14, 2017 9:26 AM MDT