Active Now

Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » What is the next PROMISE that will be broken? No wall at all?

What is the next PROMISE that will be broken? No wall at all?

Posted - March 25, 2017

Responses

You got it!
      March 25, 2017 11:07 AM MDT

You like? I like too! Thank you for your reply Zack and Happy Monday m'dear! :)
      March 27, 2017 3:27 AM MDT

Trump did not break his promise on repeal and replace of OC. The R in the House broke that promise by refusing to vote for it.  They refused to vote to replace OC....we shall see how the people in their districts react.
      March 25, 2017 11:18 AM MDT

Trump said everyone would be covered and it would be a much cheaper and much better plan. He also bragged about being a great dealmaker. There is no  plan and he couldn't armtwist/bully/threaten enough people so he failed. Now I reallize that no matter what he does or doesn't do he will never be blamed for it by people like you m2c. You simply see him as your white knight who is faultless. The fact is he boasted and bragged and promised. He made it sound so easy. He did admit "no o ne knew how complicated healthcare was". That was another lie.  Everyone knew but him apparently. He said he was the only one who could fix things. He said to trust him. You still believe that. I never did. Also besides the Tea Party folks other  Republicans legislators voted NO because they were reamed at town hall meetings by their constituents. Only 17% of the people liked Trumpcare. 83% did not.  The PEOPLE WON because of all their protests and demonstrations and showing up at town hall meetings and telling their legislators to "DO YOUR JOB" and for sharing their personal stories about how essential the Affordablle Health Care Act was. The legislators are up for re-electiom in 2018 and they DIDN'T DARE vote yes on something their constituents hated.  If the people weren't so determined and adamant about killing Trumpcare you know it would have been voted on and passed. The buck stops at the desk of the president. Harry S. Truman had a sign on his desk which said "The buck stops here". Trump is no Harry Truman. The day he takes the blame for a  failure will be the day pigs fly, we eat moon cheese and  Unicorns are sold in pet stores. Happy Monday to thee! :)
      March 27, 2017 3:37 AM MDT

You believe what you want. But it failed because there are Rs who only want to repeal and no replace. After OC implodes, Trump will be able to get something through because he is willing to work with the Dems to get it done. 
    But as I said he did not break a promise, he tried to get it passed. The Rs refused to pass anything. Presidents do not write the laws, that is Congress' job.
      March 27, 2017 4:20 AM MDT

Trump did not fight. He walked away. He and Ryan pulled the bill before anyone had a chance to vote. They  could have delayed the vote and kept working on it. They didn't. They whiffed. They were not invested enough in the merits of what they wanted to accomplish to fight for it. So they washed their hands of it and walked away. Is that the MO you want in your president? When things get tough he walks away from it? I think that is shameful and dangerous m2c. Of course I believe what I believe as do you. What I believe  is right for me and what you believe is right for you. Who wins? Who loses? Well so far we the people lose except on Trumpcare! Maybe we will win by fighting for what we believe is right on the budget and on the wall and on all the other grandiose things Trump said he will do. You and others still trust Trunp despite all the baggage he carries with him. I don't get it but then I don't have to. Thank you for your reply m2c! :)
      March 27, 2017 4:37 AM MDT

He seen it was not gonna pass. So they pulled it. It is standard practice for the party in power to only vote if they know they have the votes. Personally I think they should have had the vote so it was on record who supported and who did not. And let the fallout go towards the primaries/midterms.
      March 27, 2017 4:48 AM MDT

I totally and completely agree with thee m2c! It think they wimped out  and skulked away. They should have let it be debated and voted upon. Pulling it as they did at the last minute showed cowardice I think. They should have let it ride and see what the result would have been! ((hugs)) See? Sometimes we DO AGREE! Thank you for your reply! :)
      March 27, 2017 5:14 AM MDT

Sometimes even if for opposite reasons. Lo
    Is nice to have a discussion on here.  This post was edited by my2cents at March 27, 2017 5:25 AM MDT
      March 27, 2017 5:18 AM MDT

True sweetie. It doesn't matter where we start from at all. It's where we end up on an issue no matter how big or small that matters! :)
      March 27, 2017 5:26 AM MDT

The next thing is reforming the tax system. Good luck with that! I think the wall is not a priority. Trump has to take care of the finance part before he can spend anything. 
      March 25, 2017 11:44 AM MDT

How about starting with infrastructure repair Marguerite? That SHOULD BE something that is bipartisan and needs to be done and would put people to work. Why not begin with something that we can all agree will benefit everyone and then move on to those things that benefit only other Trumps and screws the rest of us? Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :)
      March 27, 2017 3:51 AM MDT

he needs to keep promises
      March 26, 2017 4:54 PM MDT

He is a liar first and foremost. Promises mean nothing to liars. Thank you for your reply pearl and Happy Monday! :)
      March 27, 2017 3:52 AM MDT