Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » The Golden Rule. What better way is there to live a life? Why?

The Golden Rule. What better way is there to live a life? Why?

Posted - March 25, 2017

Responses

Of course, it is always better to follow Jesus' teachings.
      March 25, 2017 11:28 AM MDT

I think even non-religious or areligious (is there such a word?) folks ought to be able to see the logic and benefit that comes from that m2c, don't you? Thank you for your reply! :)
      March 27, 2017 5:43 AM MDT

Yes I do. But it is still Jesus' teaching and I will not take the credit away from Him. 
      March 27, 2017 5:52 AM MDT

Credit is important to you then m'dear? Okay. That's fine. I really don't think Jesus would mind if you hadn't attributed it to Him. Of course I don't KNOW that for a fact. It's just that I think He focused more on the message and less on being credited for it.  He never seemed that needy for praise to me. Thank you for your reply. This post was edited by RosieG at March 27, 2017 6:01 AM MDT
      March 27, 2017 5:56 AM MDT

Actually we are supposed to make sure we give God all the glory. This would include giving credit for His teachings. Not giving the credit to someone else or taking the credit ourselves.

In Isaiah 42:8, the Lord says, “I am the Lord, that is My name; I will not give my glory to another, nor My praise to graven images.” In Isaiah 48:11, He repeats, “For My own sake, for My own sake, I will act; for how can My name be profaned? And My glory I will not give to another.” But in spite of these clear declarations, we’re all prone to take at least some of God’s glory for ourselves
      March 27, 2017 6:08 AM MDT

You know m2c we all have different ways of reading/understanding scripture. Some believe every word is THE WORD OF GOD and others believe that the Bible should NOT be taken literally since it was written by many men over many years and some books were left out and some put it based on the decisions of mortal men who had an agenda. They did not include some books having to do with women as I have read. This was all decided at the Council of Nicea I believe. I think there were several of them. Even some Biblical Scholars believe much of the Bible is not meant to be taken literally. They are no less true believers than those who believe the Bible, word-for-word, is the unquestioned word of God. I don't know if you agree with me but it doesn't matter. You believe in accordance with what makes sense to you. I do too. I don't fault you for that. I hope you can return that courtesy to me. Thank you for your reply.
      March 27, 2017 6:21 AM MDT

Yes I believe the Bible is the word of God. 
    Everyone is free to believe what they want. It is between them and God. No one has to answer to me.
      March 27, 2017 6:25 AM MDT

Precisely. On that we also agree! :)
      March 27, 2017 6:27 AM MDT

Treat others as you would wish to be treated.. you can a) sleep at night and b) will get back what you give back
      March 25, 2017 12:40 PM MDT

I wish that were true 100 of the time m'dear. Sometimes you DO treat others as you wish to be treated and they smack the crap outta ya figuratively! They turn on you! Why? I do not know. Thank you for your reply Addb! :)
      March 27, 2017 5:45 AM MDT

there is no better way to live a life since people need to think about others
      March 26, 2017 4:43 PM MDT

Agreed pearl. Thank you for your reply! :)
      March 27, 2017 5:45 AM MDT

Like many of the religious rules, it predates religion, and is probably the better for it. 
      March 27, 2017 6:21 AM MDT