Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » You strike out the first time you're at bat. People lose confidence in you. What will they expect on your second try to get on base? Why?

You strike out the first time you're at bat. People lose confidence in you. What will they expect on your second try to get on base? Why?

Posted - March 25, 2017

Responses

Most baseball batters only get a hit about 2-3 times out of 10. An excellent hitter still strikes out more often than not.
      March 25, 2017 11:23 AM MDT

Thank you for your reply m2c and Happy Sunday to thee! :)
      March 26, 2017 6:19 AM MDT

There are some who go to bat who had little or no confidence in them to start with and the poor performance was only to be expected
      March 25, 2017 11:32 AM MDT

I think some people can do very well when no one is watching and not too hot when they are on display. Thank you for your reply Addb and Happy Sunday to thee! :)
      March 26, 2017 6:20 AM MDT

• My gosh that is giving up fast to lose confidence in a person the first time they bat and strike out.  I am certainly glad I did not have a coach with your mentality.
      March 25, 2017 1:27 PM MDT

You regularly assume much about me Swoop. You take the questions I create out of my imagination and ASSUME  from that your incorrect interpretation of what I think. I wonder why you continue to do that with me? Is that your MO for everyone with whom you come in contact or am I just a special case? Thank you for your reply. Perhaps one day your assumption with be correct. I promise to tell you if that ever happens. So far as I am concerned you are batting zero.
      March 26, 2017 6:23 AM MDT

• I answered the question and in my eye you are the one who ASSUMES as anybody who does not think in your line is always wrong. You asked about confidence in a person who strikes out the first time and I do not lose confidence in people who do strike out the first time. I answered that question you ask which was looking for an agreement with your outlook on Trump and the health care bill.  You ask this as in almost all your questions (statements) have something to do with Trump.  Even if his name does not appear in it, that is obvious. 
       But you know, I will do you and me a favor and withdraw from answering any more of your statements.  
      March 26, 2017 6:46 AM MDT

they might lose even more confidence in you
      March 26, 2017 4:41 PM MDT