Active Now

Danilo_G
Element 99
my2cents
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Does it bother you when some go out of their way to think unkind things about you? Do you try to disabuse them of their views? Why?

Does it bother you when some go out of their way to think unkind things about you? Do you try to disabuse them of their views? Why?

Posted - March 26, 2017

Responses

I have no idea what other people think or don't think about me.  Family is different, they have shown me their feelings. 
      March 26, 2017 11:49 AM MDT

Really? They don't communicate that in your conversations with them? You don't know if you are talking to someone who is cordial/friendly to you or someone who is sarcastic/snarky/snippy? Thank you for your reply Star and Happy Monday.  You don't know what your friends think about you? Why are they your friends then?
      March 27, 2017 6:30 AM MDT

I am a Winthrop, so I dont have that problem.
      March 26, 2017 11:50 AM MDT

WHOOSH! That went right over my head cp. I have no idea to what you refer. Could you educate me please and thank you!
      March 27, 2017 6:30 AM MDT

Hi RosieG; Its nice to see you. A Winthrop is a person who doesnt mix with other humans. lol
      March 27, 2017 8:38 AM MDT

People don't care if im sitting in the mall doing nuthing but as soon as i start my work shift.. that's when the general public starts saying nasty stuff about me and to my face..

its difficult for me because i was housebound with agoraphobia for 6 years ( i started getting out again- a year in a half ago).. the reason why i ended up housebound was because of the fear of people judging me negatively and saying bad stuff about me.. now im in a position where people are doing such stuff but... over the past 8 months that i've had my job as a sign advertiser for a restaurant, i've learnt to ignore it but it still hurts at times. 

March 26, 2017 1:01 PM MDT

We have something in common SS. I have always been somewhat agoraphobic. I like being at home more than anyplace else. I always have. If we go on a trip somewhere I am not relaxed until we are back home. That doesn't mean I can't enjoy myself away from home but I am always so much happier at home. Why I'm that way I do not know but I remember very clearly when I was about 3 years old having those same feelings. Of course a 3-year-old can't intellectually articulate such feelings into reasons why. Good for you for being able to get out. Mostly I don't care what people think about me. I am honest and say what I think. That turns some people off. That's fine with me. Those who like me know what they're getting. You can't be liked by everyone although I do know a few folks whom everyone seems to love. I was never outgoing/gregarious. I was a painfully shy child. I'm not shy on the internet because it provides arm's-length distance. I come and go as I please.  But all the while I am in the safety of my home. Of course I worked for 45 years and had to be away from home. I had myself to support and later on got married and had a kid to support and when we divorced his dad did nothing to make things easier on me  financially. You do what you have to do. When you retire you get to do what you WANT to do! Thank you for sharing a slice of your personal life and Happy Monday! It's a dangerous world out there. People you thought were your friends can turn on you so I think that's why I like being home. :) ((hugs)) That's just because I felt like it! I'm 79 so I'm harmless! :)
      March 27, 2017 6:40 AM MDT

When I was younger words hurt me.  Since becoming old, I don't give a da** what others think of me.  Those who care for me and love me are the only ones who matter. 
      March 26, 2017 1:12 PM MDT

Ditto! I am honest and say what I think. That makes me appealing to some and very much disliked by others. I don't really care. I'm not in a popularity contest. If I were my words would be carefully chosen to draw people to me and alienate no one. I would always agree with all the people all the time just so they would like me! But that ain't me and I don't do that for anyone! Thank you for your reply  SA and Happy Monday.  If folks don't like me that's fine with me. If they do then that's also fine and they know exactly what they are getting. I don't surprise anyone. I'm not one person here and another person there. I'm the same person everywhere! :) This post was edited by RosieG at March 27, 2017 7:53 AM MDT
      March 27, 2017 6:44 AM MDT

kind of but i try to stay away from people like that
      March 26, 2017 3:38 PM MDT

Given what I do for a living, I can't afford to get butthurt so I let it slide. Karma really doesn't need an assist from me, so I just leave it with an unspoken "You'll get yours" and forget about it.
      March 27, 2017 6:50 AM MDT