Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » Are there any people with whom you are "forced" to spend some time who cause you to grind your teeth, clench your fist, cringe? Why?

Are there any people with whom you are "forced" to spend some time who cause you to grind your teeth, clench your fist, cringe? Why?

Posted - March 26, 2017

Responses

• Not since I stopped working for the State. I had several co-workers there who caused that exact reaction in me. Now, I work for a company that is nationwide, but my little unit consists of just 6 people, that includes myself. We all get along great and we all do our jobs. I'm a lot calmer and I don't dread going into work any more. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 26, 2017 5:53 PM MDT
      March 26, 2017 6:42 AM MDT

• Only when I have to spend time with my ex-wife. We generally get along well but after a while it drives me nuts. Big reason I'll soon be moving further away so maybe I can finally have some peace.
      March 26, 2017 7:32 AM MDT

I assume you have kids and that is what causes you to still see her. I think trying to be cordial in such circumstances is admirable Rooster. But "distance lends enchantment". I think moving further away will benefit everyone because you see each other less so you maybe can appreciate each other (or not get so ticked off) more! Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday m'dear! :)
      March 26, 2017 7:47 AM MDT

• Yes, we have three kids in their 40's and I don't mind her visiting but it kind of hampers me with trying to find a date. LOL
      March 26, 2017 7:49 AM MDT

not really, noone can force me to spend time with people like that
      March 26, 2017 3:36 PM MDT

• Can we just generalize and say in laws?
      March 26, 2017 10:22 PM MDT

God no and that sounds awful.  This post was edited by carbonproduct at March 26, 2017 10:25 PM MDT
      March 26, 2017 10:25 PM MDT