Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
CosmicWunderkind
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Is there an "ideal" man or "ideal" woman after whom you would like to pattern yourself? Why?

Is there an "ideal" man or "ideal" woman after whom you would like to pattern yourself? Why?

Posted - March 26, 2017

Responses

Sure! I'd like to have the large body of a Schwartzenegger so no one would mess with me, the brain of Einstein so I could do some far-out mathematics, and the creativity of a writer like Dickens. I'd want the guts of Sgt. Alvin York, too, and the industry of Steinmetz or Tesla.  Hows that grab ya?
      March 26, 2017 10:36 AM MDT

I think that is an EXCELLENT reply bh. Except personally for me I don't want Arnie's  body. You can understand why. I don't know if you are familiar with actress/dancer Cyd Charisse but she had a lovely figure...dancers usually do. I wouldn't mind having her body! Agree on Einstein. I'd replace Dickens with John Steinbeck..my favorite writer. I LOVED that movie with Gary Cooper about a real live hero! He was AMAZING! Steinmetz I'm not too familiar with but Tesla I am and I agree. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday to thee! :)
      March 27, 2017 6:49 AM MDT

Steinbeck is my second choice.  This post was edited by B.H.Wilson at March 28, 2017 7:00 AM MDT
      March 27, 2017 9:52 PM MDT

Very cool. I have every book he ever wrote. I am especially fond of his early works. Tortilla Flats, Cannery Row, Sweet Thursday, Pastures of Heaven. He could write like no on else I know! So we have that in common then. Thank you for your reply bh! :)
      March 28, 2017 7:01 AM MDT

• No. I found out long ago that people will let you down and seriously disappoint you. I stopped putting anyone on a pedestal a long time ago. There are good men and women out there but I'm past wanting to model myself after anyone.
      March 26, 2017 3:22 PM MDT

Personally that makes me feel sad driftwood. I don't think you necessarily have to put people on a pedestal to admire them and wish you had some of their traits. I think the grace of Audrey Hepburn and her charitable humanity would be very nice. I wouldn't mind being like Will Rogers who said "I've never met a man I didn't like". I cannot honestly say that but I believe he meant it. Some music brings tears to my eyes. Some poetry moves me. Some books/movies have meant a lot to me. I would love to be able to leave the world with something like that. It would be an immeasurable honor to move people with words or music or art. There are some songs I hear that  ALWAYS cheer me up and make me feel better. Imagine having the gift of doing that for people?  So I do admire others. Thank you for your reply driftwood! :) Oh. I admire my dad. He never said an unkind word about anyone. Ever. I wish I could say that about me! :(
      March 27, 2017 6:54 AM MDT

not really, id rather be myself
      March 26, 2017 3:34 PM MDT