Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Some get very angry at folks who defend those they dislike. They attack/insult the defenders for it. You aren't one of THEM are you?Why?

Some get very angry at folks who defend those they dislike. They attack/insult the defenders for it. You aren't one of THEM are you?Why?

Posted - March 26, 2017

Responses

• Yes, the friend of my enemy IS my enemy. Yes.
      March 26, 2017 5:52 AM MDT

Oh? Good to know. I shall be very wary of you then. Thank you for your reply and Happy Sunday Lago.
      March 26, 2017 5:53 AM MDT

• you asked
    If there's someone whom you despise because of whatever he has done to you, and your best friend loves hanging out with him, you wouldn't mind really?
    You would, everybody would. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 27, 2017 4:29 AM MDT
      March 26, 2017 5:58 AM MDT

Yes. You answered. I replied.  So what's the problem Lago? You answered honestly and so did I. Is that not what we're supposed to do?
      March 26, 2017 6:00 AM MDT

• There's no problem Rosie.
      March 26, 2017 6:05 AM MDT

:):):) ((hugs))
      March 26, 2017 6:16 AM MDT

• My response to you was not a knee jerk reaction. I thought about it, and I think that every time I saw them interact all happily, I would probably get upset. So I may not brake the friendship, but right there I couldn't trust my friend person fully. 
    If you and I were truly best friends, and shared a history, and someone I like gave you grief, and I knew about it, I'd cut him off right there. Just because the person made someone I value unhappy. 
    I would expect the same. Something tells me that im wrong on this one, but that's what I do. 
    Do you think im wrong? Or childish?
    Are you not the same?
    Good question by the way. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 27, 2017 4:20 AM MDT
      March 26, 2017 6:33 AM MDT

Here is the problem Lago. Your friend may well have exaggerated the situation. Your friend may well have instigated whatever the problem was. Your friend may have ulterior motives with regard to that person and heaven forbid LIED about him/her simply to get you on board. You trust and believe all your friends without question then? No chance that any of them might tend to exaggerate or heaven forbid LIE? I have been the victim of just such a person as I describe.  So I know whereof I speak. If you automatically believe what people tell you WITHOUT CHECKING IT OUT then you are not the person I thought you were. Even the best people and goodest and brightest and the finest LIE when it will benefit them. I think you need to give the "hated one" a chance to tell his/her side and not automatically go into action against him/her based on what someone tells you. That's just me. I don't automatically discard people based on secondhand information. I've been there and I know how unfair it can be. So do I think you're wrong or childish? No. I do think it is simplistic and naive though having had the experience. Thank you for the compliment. It's exactly the same as believing cops who plant evidence to convict someone who is innocent. How many hundreds or thousands of times has that happened? How many innocent people have been put to death simply because no one cared enough to thoroughly check it out? The dead cannot be revived. People tend to believe cops. Why would they lie? Well they lie and people die. I see NO difference in that and in our discussion. You take someone's word for something and act/react accordingly. What if that word is fake/false/phony? What happens then? OK. I beat the dead horse. Did I answer your question Lago? Happy Monday! :)
      March 27, 2017 4:28 AM MDT

• Of course im not the.person you expect me to be. Nobody is Ms Rosie. Nobody ever is as good as expected nor as bad as rumored. That's just the way it is. .. all we can do is take the good and sort of ignore the band if it's not too reprehensible, yeah?
    That's what I do with you. )
    About your response, of course you're right Ms Rosie. But see you're being tricky.
    The question doesn't say anything about somebody telling lies or intentionally causing a riff between friends. . .or anything like that...
    It asks if im like those people that attack someone who defends somebody else that I don't like.
    And I concede that maybe I went too far.. I wouldn't attack them no, or insult them either.
    But I would definitely think that if they can get along so well with someone I find despicable, maybe they are despicable too...a little....maybe....or a lot.
    And yeah, I would immediately not trust them as much.
    You have a good one Ms Rosie.
      March 27, 2017 10:21 AM MDT

No Lago I am not being tricky at all. People are surprising. I cannot possibly set up the kind of specific scenario you expect/want/need. People are unexpected. So you just have to go with what makes sense to you when you see a question and I expect you did. It's up to you to read the question and think about all the possibilities it might entail. Not me. I am not a trickster. I don't set people up. I don't eavesdrop or spy or go through pockets or drawers or open mail. You cannot fit me into a box that is more pleasing to you. Please don't try. Now if after all of this you still think I tricked you so be it.  Being tricky is exactly like lying to me. Anathema. Thank you for your reply. This post was edited by RosieG at March 27, 2017 11:45 AM MDT
      March 27, 2017 10:36 AM MDT

• I understand

March 27, 2017 10:43 AM MDT

no, im not one of them, dont like being that way
      March 26, 2017 3:33 PM MDT

• No I think I'm the attacked not the attacker.
      March 26, 2017 10:20 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply Yogafan. So you support The Donald then? Condolences. :(
      March 27, 2017 4:31 AM MDT

Come again.
      March 26, 2017 10:26 PM MDT

• I've been insulted on here by defending Trump and asking people to give him a chance.
      March 26, 2017 10:30 PM MDT

I love trump. I just didnt understand the question. Go trump. ;)
      March 26, 2017 10:43 PM MDT