Active Now

Element 99
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Do you PUNISH your friends/family for liking people you don't? Why can't you free them from your condemnation? Why must you control them?

Do you PUNISH your friends/family for liking people you don't? Why can't you free them from your condemnation? Why must you control them?

Posted - March 26, 2017

Responses

• I don't do that. Both my family and my friends have had friends that I didn't care for. I just didn't go around them when they were with them. I've also had friends who didn't like each other, i just hung out with them separately. If it's a celebrity or a politician we disagree on we don't argue over that either.  
      March 26, 2017 6:36 AM MDT

Exactly. Have you ever been in a situation where someone said you had to choose between him/her and someone else? I have observed that in others and found it to be quite disgusting.  Trying to control other people like that to conform to what you like is being a bully, selfish, childish and superficial. Not my cuppa tea! Thank you for your reply Karen and Happy Monday to thee!  :)
      March 27, 2017 6:57 AM MDT

• People who know me know better than to say something like that to me.  I would cut the person who said that out of my life so quick their head would spin. That's just not something I could tolerate. 
      March 27, 2017 7:20 PM MDT

Ditto. Thank you for your reply Karen and Happy Tuesday! :)
      March 28, 2017 7:15 AM MDT

no, cause they have a right to like whoever they want
      March 26, 2017 3:30 PM MDT

Thank you for your reply pearl and Happy Tuesday.
      March 28, 2017 7:16 AM MDT

Only if they try to make me take sides - and even then the only "punishment" I exact is cutting them out of my life.
    I'm YOUR friend. I'm also HIS/HER friend. You two aren't on each other's Christmas card list, I'm totally groovy with that. I just won't invite both of you at the same time. Don't ask me to take sides, I won't be manipulated like that.
      March 27, 2017 7:03 AM MDT

Me too neither SBF. I also don't want to hear any badmouthing about anyone from anyone! Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday! :)
      March 28, 2017 7:17 AM MDT