Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » If a goal is very important to you does it matter if you achieve it honorably or dis? Why?

If a goal is very important to you does it matter if you achieve it honorably or dis? Why?

Posted - March 26, 2017

Responses

• My problem is that I'm too honorable an individual. My sense of honor and justice has proved to be a major obstacle to my taking a short cut under the table. I've been wired in such a way as to accept defeat in achieving a goal, rather than doing it the wrong way. Which is why a political career is out of the question for me. 
      March 26, 2017 2:50 PM MDT

I'm like you driftwood. I can't be untrue to myself no matter how great the prize. I just can't. It isn't worth it. Am I a perfect person who always does the right thing? Of course I'm not. But if I KNOW BETTER can I pretend it doesn't matter if I don't do better? Of course I can't. But some folks can and do justify whatever they need to in order to get what they want. That where lies come in really handy! Thank you for your thoughtful reply and Happy Monday! Oh. I don't think you can ever be "too honorable"  m'dear . I'm just sayin'! :)
      March 27, 2017 6:25 AM MDT

• The term "too honorable" was used above in a effort to describe a response, not to offer an overall character analysis. I am what I am and that is a product of upbringing and environment. Could I be tempted? Better believe it, but the good money is on my more honorable efforts to handle it.
      March 27, 2017 3:50 PM MDT

Whatever your reason was/is I stand by what I said. One cannot be "too honorable" in my opinion. Thank you for your clarification. It changes nothing I said but maybe you feel better? :)
      March 28, 2017 7:21 AM MDT

depends on what that goal is
      March 26, 2017 3:21 PM MDT

The question that has to be answered is "Does this end justify this means?"
      March 26, 2017 3:48 PM MDT

Only you can answer that question for yourself tom. I believe if people want to do something enough they ALWAYS believe the end justifies the means. Ca vas san dire. Thank you for your reply and Happy Monday! :)
      March 27, 2017 6:26 AM MDT