Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » What's something memorable you've seen in a public park?

What's something memorable you've seen in a public park?

Posted - March 27, 2017

Responses

• I've told this story before but I'm going to do it again.
    I have a friend who had a dog, Clyde. He had three dogs at the time, the other two were called Bonnie. Two Bonnies and Clyde. Clyde liked to forage in the undergrowth around the park and being a big dog my friend didn't have much choice but to let him get on with it as he was quite hard to shift once he got stuck into something.
    One day Clyde emerged from the undergrowth with something in his mouth and looking very pleased with himself. What he had was a large, sparkly dildo which he refused to let go of. The more Steve tried to pull it out of his mouth the more the dog clung on. So there they were, fighting over a dildo in the park.
    Clyde never did let go, and the pair of them walked home, dildo and all.
      March 27, 2017 2:53 AM MDT

• Lucia, NOBODY is going to top that story. I got a laugh and when I tell Mrs Didge you'll probably hear her laugh from there. :)
      March 27, 2017 2:58 AM MDT

• Haha, my pleasure.
      March 27, 2017 3:01 AM MDT

Lucia~  That is hilarious!  I'm like Didge.  When my husband comes home, I'm going to have to share your story with him.  Too funny!  I'm off to work but if my day starts to turn negatively, I'll think of your story and it will turn it back around.  Thanks for the smile Lucia!
      March 27, 2017 11:08 AM MDT

• You made me smile too, M. 
    Hey, let me know what your husband thought, yes? :)
      March 27, 2017 1:09 PM MDT

• There was this one time I went to a local park and when crossing a field all of a sudden saw large groups of people in costumes come running and screaming out of woods and over some hills towards me and the group of people I was with.   Before we knew it we were in a melee of foam swords and bean bags being thrown at people.
    That was the day I first learned what LARPing was.   Turns out there was a LARP group that had gathered for a "battle" and we just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time.   Most surreal thing I ever experienced.
      March 27, 2017 4:53 AM MDT

• I had to look it up but, yeah, that would be totally surreal. Thanks for the story. :)
      March 27, 2017 1:27 PM MDT

• I was waiting for the TV cameras to reveal themselves.   I thought I was gonna be on a prank show or something.
      March 27, 2017 2:22 PM MDT

• Like hundreds of other people I used to run around the Sydney Harbour waterfront every lunch time. One day I saw a woman wearing a very loose fitting tank top that hung well below her breasts and covered nothing. I gave her a grin and an eight as I went by and at the half way point linked up with another jogger. "Did you see the TV camera with the topless bird?" he asked. No, I hadn't, but I thanked my lucky stars that I hadn't been ogling as I went by.
      March 27, 2017 2:49 PM MDT

• I don't know if telling truth or creative writing again. 
      March 27, 2017 3:00 PM MDT

• Oh, yeah. It happened. I was dead lucky though -- on another occasion I may well have been ogling. 
      March 27, 2017 3:14 PM MDT

• Be honest I wouldn't have cared or felt any shame.
      March 27, 2017 3:19 PM MDT

• On prime time television?
      March 27, 2017 3:45 PM MDT

• Hey if they are real and spectacular....   I'm only human for crying out loud.   A depraved deviant  of a human, but human none the less.
      March 27, 2017 3:51 PM MDT

• Just this last week-end, they had a big event at Fair Oaks Park called Kidtopia. Never seen so many kids around in my life and I walked up and took a look at it and thought how inventive the people were that put it on. Everything a kid could imagine was there and they were all having so much fun. I've never seen that park or all of the streets around here so packed with people and kids. They should have more events for the kids like this. Most of the proceeds went to the Park district and other kid's charities.
      March 27, 2017 6:24 AM MDT

• Sounds great, Rooster. 
      March 27, 2017 1:28 PM MDT

• A boy, around 12, picked up some trash as he walked by and put it in the trashcan.
      March 27, 2017 10:41 AM MDT

• Now THAT is unusual.

I was running around the Sydney Harbour foreshore one lunchtime when a couple of guys who looked like middle eastern seamen threw their lunch wrappers on the ground right next to a rubbish tin. I jabbed three times with the finger as I ran by and accompanied that with a , "You! That! There!" I expected them to swear at me but they were clearly used to taking orders and put it in the right place. 
      March 27, 2017 1:31 PM MDT

• Oh Dozy, I laughed and laughed...great story!
      March 27, 2017 1:59 PM MDT

• In San Francisco Golden Gate Park, in the park's Panhandle, musicians come out to practice there at least they did that in the Hippie era 1960's!

Lots of fun, party in the street and the grass, sometimes even the famous would show up...
      March 27, 2017 11:40 AM MDT

• It was a switched-on time, Virginia.  Happy memories. :)
      March 27, 2017 1:32 PM MDT

An old lady arguing with a plant in the early morning. She was getting really into it, too. She even slapped it a few times. There were also a bunch of people sleeping in the park, ignoring her. I was just a little girl and I wanted to go see what was wrong with the lady, but my dad just grabbed my hand and hurried me along.
      March 27, 2017 6:48 PM MDT

• I can imagine her arguing with the thing -- some people talk to plants -- but slapping it? That's brutal! 
      March 28, 2017 4:28 AM MDT