Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What state in the U.S. would you like to live in? Or for the others, what country?

What state in the U.S. would you like to live in? Or for the others, what country?

Posted - March 27, 2017

Responses

• Very different states!
    I know there is a story...
      March 27, 2017 1:12 PM MDT

Indeed. I've visited both places, and hold a strong belief that I need to live in both places for at least a year. I dream about both places frequently. Past lives? Maybe. 
      March 27, 2017 1:18 PM MDT

• Past lives works with me! Who knows, but the concept does give us a meaningful, fruitful explanation and certainly as good as anything else...
      March 27, 2017 1:23 PM MDT

Logically it makes no sense, but I can't dismiss such strong feelings. I knew what it was like before seeing it. Like I can't dismiss those feelings of prior deaths either. 
    Always a pleasure, Virginia. Love discussing such things with you. 
      March 27, 2017 1:33 PM MDT

• Dear DragonFly, in that case...
    ...I have been reading Stephen Hawking and the other physicists/scientists/astronomers of the 20th century, post-classical sciences.
    Well they do not even have "truth" as such as their goal, any more.
    They construct theories that explain the observed facts, then test them out and follow wherever that leads, all the while adapting and adjusting for the sake of expanding the boundaries of our knowledge!

And so you end up in some VERY strange places, all the quantum uncertainties, but the fruitfulness has already taken us beyond anything believed possible.
      March 27, 2017 1:58 PM MDT

Virginia, as always you are a balm for my soul, and a soother of my crazy curiosity. Thank you for both. I hate it when I go long periods without your careful ministrations. 
      March 27, 2017 2:20 PM MDT

• New England would be pretty but just a tad cold. Maybe Louisiana, but those winds are kind of unpredictable. I'd probably settle on Northern Caliofornia or maybe Oregon. (I could stand at the border and wave to Virginia in WA.)
      March 27, 2017 4:13 PM MDT

• I honestly like where I live and do not think I'd  be happier anywhere else .... Only other  place I've seriously considered moving to is Vancouver B.C. .... So that's my answer then :) 
      March 27, 2017 5:30 PM MDT

• Good answer too, eh?
      March 27, 2017 5:31 PM MDT

• Yesssssssss! If you haven't tried B.C  bud .... You missing out eh ;) I'll stay here get it shipped in :p
      March 27, 2017 5:33 PM MDT

• Vancouver B.C. is certainly one of the cities I love best in this sorry world...prolly you know, JaimieJT, they have a whole series of streets names after famous British battles?
    Balaclava St. Waterloo St., etc. etc. etc.
      March 27, 2017 5:56 PM MDT

• I do know :) spent a week and few days there  cos I was being recruited for a job .... Cost of living is so high there though and I would have had to leave my sister and niece ... Who you know I adore:) ... Was really close move there though ... Maybe one day :)
      March 27, 2017 5:59 PM MDT

• Yes! Cost of living in beautiful Vancouver BC is just not workable for most of us.

When you get vacation or something, you visit Hope, BC. 
    Kinda long ways east of Vancouver, where the Coquihalla River joins the Fraser...beauty/gradeur, history, friendly people...(good name, too!)
    When I lived on Mt. Baker I would always spend the US Thanksgiving there; just knockin' around, wonderful Canadian town!
      March 27, 2017 6:12 PM MDT

• Sounds lovely , Virginia :)
      March 27, 2017 6:25 PM MDT

I wouldn't mind living on Lake Como in Italy, New Zealand, Spain, or Portugal.  If I had to stay in the states, I like where I live now, NH, or I might be okay with Northern Cali or Santa Fe NM.   
      March 27, 2017 5:56 PM MDT

I would like to live in a permanent state of euphoria. But seriously, I would live in Florida in winter and Montana in summer. This post was edited by CallMeIshmael at March 28, 2017 7:55 AM MDT
      March 27, 2017 6:32 PM MDT

• "California"  ... few states have the mountains
    necessary to make one of these worth owning.

March 27, 2017 7:05 PM MDT

Where were You ALF? I was wondering about you. Hope all is going great with you my dear friendL
      March 27, 2017 11:48 PM MDT

• I'm fine ... just busy.  Thanks for your concern. :)
      April 2, 2017 7:54 PM MDT

I've lived in many states in USA....namely Wisconsin,Massachusetts, New Jersey, New York State, Texas, Kentucky, presently in California, hubby is in software and we are always on the move, in north east, standard of living is very cheap, in Wisconsin we paid the lowest rent, in Silicon Valley we paid 5 times the rent we paid in Wisconsin. Weather wise California is best followed by Texas....Texas house rents are also very reasonable..coming from a tropical country,India....I can't survive in frigid areas....I go into depression there...so we are paying a high cost to remain snow free;))
      March 27, 2017 11:46 PM MDT